Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another video

Race against an Evo X

Mazda Protege Turbo (holset HX30...) Vs Mitsubishi Evo XMazda Protege won!!
    Mazda Protege LX Touring 1999

Mazda Protege 1993 Turbo
    -Megasquirt, denso 720cc injector, Forged internal, Holset HX30 Turbo, tial 38mm wg with dumptube, 3" turbo back, etc...

Comment

Nice! Glad that you are here on this forum. Have you dynoed your car yet? Did you have any clearance issues with the manifold and the cold side of the turbo hitting? I want more pics

Comment

Originally posted by Studweiser View Post
        Another video

Race against an Evo X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPhLMgqz4X4
        yeah I saw all your videos

Comment

Yeah! I think this is a HY35... Anyways, took out the wastegate actuator and welded the wastegate shut. It's very hard to spin the wheel, but I think it's because it doesn't have any oil. It was completely dry when I got it. I also dropped it and bent the inlet, no biggie though. The flange doesn't really match up to the manifold that I have. This is going to be fun!

Last edited by mx-3_4evr; 10-16-2009, 03:59 PM.

Comment

fail antonio... you need to weld that flap all the way around it. trust me-
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I still can

Comment

terrible looking welds are terrible looking
                1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                  terrible looking welds are terrible looking
                  But welds that do their job do their job
                  Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                  "Who Dey"

Comment

but some welds like that can have holes you cant even see and WILL cause a leak, i had a little hole on my wideband bung and you couldnt even see it , but you could feel air coming out, so make sure you weld all the way around and any little holes you see weld right over them to close them
                    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
                      But welds that do their job do their job
                      this statement is incorrect
                      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

the weld was to hold the wastegate shut not to seal it off from air. If so he would have welded it all the way around the hole.
                        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                        "Who Dey"

Comment

um er^^^^ the HOLE point (pun intended) is to completely seal it. otherwise your boost levels will be extremely hard to control & or not function properly @ all.
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I'm going to seal the wastegate shut all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
                              the weld was to hold the wastegate shut not to seal it off from air. If so he would have welded it all the way around the hole.
                              those little spots that look like popped bubbles are cause from gasses expelling from trapped slag/contaminates which as time passes the heat cycling of such will cause them to crack.

it also seems to have poor penetration on the housing, another failure point.

im not trying to flame bomboutscort or the OP but false info != good
                              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

I was using flux-core and it sucks! I can't wait to buy an Argon/CO2 tank!

Comment

Working...
                                X