Eric's 93 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
    O/T: how often is the XJ seeing that kinda angles? and unibody reinforcements? thats the thing that kept be out of an XJ is the unibody...

When I take it on the trails, I can see that much flex, sometimes more depending on what I'm going through. If you get good rock sliders (key to that is good), then it will protect the crumple zones on the XJ. They will also help to stiffen up the chasis. I need to get some before something happens to my unibody and I have to move my parts over. From what I've read/heard they are a great vehicle to build. They have just as much flex as the wranglers, if not sometimes more depending on what you do, and way more ground clearance. Only problem with them is that you gotta lift them super high to get tires under them.

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
    a good downpipe should net you more then 10whp. you should look into the intake pipe again with consideration
    I was gonna try to take it to the welding shop to see if they can do it. It is aluminum or metal?
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

you could use either. aluminum would be preferred tho
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Seals came in about a week ago. Got the replacement engine on the stand and started to tear it down and put some of the seals on it.

Decided to use the automatic pan from the new(er) engine since it does leak from the drain plug. Drill and tapped it and decided to powder coat it. It took several hours for it to complete but I'm happy with the results.
        Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

looks good.
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

Bump! :d

Comment

Working...
            X