No announcement yet.

Midnight shadows worklog part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took this off probetalk. Will be doing this.

Superflous PCV tube removal
    For those who, like me, have wanted to remove the front VC vacuum tube (which was deleted on the '96+ PGTs), but who also, like me, didn't want it to look like feces, there are caps on the HELP! display at a few parts stores which are exactly what is needed.It is part number 02255, 1/2" Bypass Caps, about $2.50 for two in the package.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

but those same tubes also help relieve crank pressure dont they?? thats the only reason i wanted to keep mine.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

That's what I thought as well but read the thread.

There's ppl that have had no problem with it for years so idk
        Attached Files
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i dont know. even if it has not happened im sure it has to raise the pressure somewhat.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Just took a closer look. Ok as I see it....the front has the pcv valve in it already and the rear is still plummed in so eliminating that front pipe wouldn't be a bad idea. Both front and back are still functional. Ok you asked about the egr, here's a diagram how the lines are. I can't see it too well on the blackberry so I can't see where its connected. Also throwing in other vac diagrams for future reference
            Attached Files
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Didn't touch the motor or anything this weekend. Me and bomdoutscort hit the jy on friday and found a gem(see 1st pic). Also found a 2nd milli. I snagged a valve cover that not only says "V6 DOHC 24 VALVE" but also doesn't have the superflous nipple on it . (Pic 2)
              Attached Files
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Ust to show how clean the motor was.
                Attached Files
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

you'll quickly learn you want all of the VC venting you can get. sure it looks better without but..... your VC seals won't last for ****.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

The kl VC seals are prone to failure anyways so no big difference
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Just a small update. Got off work a little earlier today and decided to pull the last 2 pieces I need to pull to clean up the motor. Pressure washing/degreasing happens this weekend. Intake manifold and exaust manifolds off. After cleanup happens everything gets reinstalled....that can only mean I'm at the halfway point . Oh and for everyones info I took pics of the head stampings. Millenia motor=klze heads
                      Attached Files
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Some milli motors remember.
                        Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                        "Who Dey"

Comment

Lookin' good so far poppy!

Sheot If I don't stop chasing the pussy, your going to be done before me!
                          Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

I may be done sooner than I thoughtmy bp has been feeling weird lately. Only need a few more parts
                            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Hmm. Nice size and specs. Consider??
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Great work, back on track...

I got a weak heart for JY, LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X