No announcement yet.

Peter's 1990 323 SE Build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my wheels done and mounted/balanced. I must say I am impressed with the result. I need to post pics, I know.. I know...

This past weekend: installed 6.5" Kicker subwoofer enclosure + 100 W crossfire amplifier. A very mild sound-system upgrade... didn't want anything too noticeable or ridiculous.

Comment

I got 37 MPG on my drive from SJ to LA - about 350 miles of highway driving. Is this expected/normal? Is my math wrong? I was pretty stoked about the mileage... what are you guys getting?

Comment

i get the same mileage from my 1991 SE b6 engine. just basic maintence and no mods whatsoever.

Comment

Long time, no post...

Recently replaced my head gasket and all small coolant hoses.

Now replacing control arm bushings and ball joints. Looking for sway bars for this car if anyone has them...

Comment

Thread has been revived , hooray!
            Have you replaced LCA bushing front or rear ones?
            What is brand of ball joints?
            sigpic
            1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

Originally posted by labeo View Post
              Thread has been revived , hooray!
              Have you replaced LCA bushing front or rear ones?
              What is brand of ball joints?
              For ball joints and front bushings: Moog. For the rear control arm bushings its some OEM thing I found at NAPA. I didn't realize that there were urethane bushings available for the car -- should have come to the forums first before starting the job.

Today's task is to figure out how to press in the bushings without a hydraulic press. I saw some photos of people using a bench vice. I tried this morning after putting the bushing in the freezer ()... I was then able to get them about 70% into the control arm.

Comment

Originally posted by schindlert View Post
                i get the same mileage from my 1991 SE b6 engine. just basic maintence and no mods whatsoever.
                I realized that this mileage number is an anomaly. I actually am consistently getting about 32 MPG in the car for mixed driving conditions, no matter WHAT I do to it. Part of me thinks that the injectors may be clogged/dirty ... because despite having 150 psi compression on all 4 cylinders (I replaced the head gasket not too long ago) and the timing set correctly, the engine sputters ever so slightly when idle... theories?

Comment

Working...
                X