Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two go in and one comes out (Operation body swap)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original company I had do em said that if you didn't install them within 30 days of the cleaning/flow testing that they could dry out and stick shut. I installed them like 6 months after the fact so, my bad.. Only one of them was operating properly, the other 3 weren't opening up at all from what I could tell. I'm curious to see the actual results of this round.
    Last edited by jinx; 07-29-2010, 02:55 AM.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Injectors are back and tial internals are here I'll see if I can get a good pic of the report for the injectors later.

Comment

Well since my camera won't take a good enough picture and I don't have a scanner, I decided to reproduce the injector test report.

Comment

Wow 2 went to ****. My f2t injectors sat in my tool box for a few months and never went bad. Weird shizz. Glad to hear they're better now. Now put them in before those go bad lol.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

So I threw the 460's in today and at first it was reading so rich on the wideband that it keep hitting the max - - - rich.. Was idling funky and hesitated under partial throttle. So I started tuning the Y code VAF to lean it out. Anyways I got it running at 14.7-15.2ish afr at idle by screwing with the VAF. Hits 16.7psi np no cut and stays around 10.7-11.9ish afr in boost. I may have to tweak it more, but it is no longer hesitating under partial throttle and no more funky idle. This is just going by what the WB is reading though and I'm curious how accurate it really is vs placement in the exhaust. The wastegate is reacting much better with the tial internals now.

Comment

where is your placement of the wideband?
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

roughly 38"-40" from the turbo and right after the flex pipe.

Comment

Went down to Shawns for a lil bit to do some part swapping and to check out the cars. He got a lil taste of it with todays additions and tweaks On the way home my knock sensor and oil feed line decided they wanted to leak, so now I gotta fix that... Sensor not so bad to do, but the oil line is going to require me to remove the whole turbo to get at it with a wrench.

Comment

Wellllllll, I've been working on fixing the leaks that have showed up in the past couple of weeks. I thought the knock sensor was leaking oil for sure since I switched the gtx sensor with the f2t sensor, nope.. Looks like the oil pressure sensor is instead leaking. Between driving to/from Ace's and MD323's places, I blew out the top tranny mount looks like it's time to go with a AWR one. This is the 3rd top trans mount within 6 years.. Garbage they are.

Comment

How can you tell if the top mount is damaged/bad?
                      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                      "Who Dey"

Comment

First sign would be if you hear a heavy clunk when you accelerate quickly and let off quickly. Visually, the actual rod of the bracket bolted to the trans is tilted forward and is sitting on the bottom of the inside. So anyways, I decided since I have the intake manifold off and out while I'm replacing the oil pressure sensor, I might as well port it out to match the gasket/head.

Comment

damn dude, sorry to hear about the issues! i'd port the crap out of the intake
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Please, bolt a NA intake manifold back on & enjoy a better powerband + more power then the GTX intake mani provides
                            Thank you & have a nice day
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

or

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                              Please, bolt a NA intake manifold back on & enjoy a better powerband + more power then the GTX intake mani provides
                              Thank you & have a nice day
                              Or spend a few bucks and get a GTR mani?
                              Lookin' to boost my BP. Any help at all on this subject would be benificial to my success.

Comment

nadda^^^ too hard to source one VS a NA manifold (which is a dual plane) & extends your TQ band

GTR is a true equal feed manifold. that is its only true good quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X