Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two go in and one comes out (Operation body swap)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yarr! I'm sure that eventually I'll find one of my own to boost

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Long story short, Mikes fuel rail seats are machined far too deep to keep the newer style injectors sealed tight to the head.. I was actually able to freely move the #1 injector out of the head with the rail bolted down.. I decided on a quick band-aid fix to make it work for the dyno by adding in a spacer/o-ring to each injector top. It works, but, it's not a very good solution for long term usage. I'll be replacing the fuel rail with a newly fabricated one when I get some free time.. Yeah, it's really THAT bad.. On a better note, they are in and fired up on the first try with ZERO idling problems

Comment

glad you came up with a quick solution. get some vids!!
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I'll be borrowing a camera for dyno vids and such, I really need to buy a new video camera soon
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Small street tuning session early this morning w/ Shawn to massage in the 800's. Everything is looking good for Friday (crosses fingers) all that's left until then, is just stupid **** that needs wrapped up with the COP's & boost control.

Comment

Tuning round #1 was a near complete success, boost solenoid didn't want to cooperate.. so once again we ended up tuning for 15psi

Here's a pic taken before it got on the rollers. I have the vids and such uploaded on facebook, but, I need to upload them somewhere else before posting them here. In due time

Last edited by jinx; 10-08-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Dyno sheet >

Comment

Looks good! Nice and linear
                  -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                  VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

[HD] Dyno tuning video for those who don't read other sections of the forums much.

Comment

What style injectors are you running? If there the same denso style it should work fine.
                      hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

Originally posted by wht95scort View Post
                        What style injectors are you running? If there the same denso style it should work fine.
                        These are the Deatschwerks newer style denso injectors. They pop out of the head with the rail bolted down without another spacer added due to the rail seats being too deep.. There's nothing in there to apply force to the injector tops.. These have smaller tips, both in diameter and length.. plus they have no caps. This is why they require the rail seats to force down on the injector tops to make them seal with the head o-rings.

with the older style injectors it doesn't matter how slop the rail is due to the fact that they seat tight with the head o-rings because of the longer/wider tips with the caps..

There's a big difference in how these two types of injectors seat/seal with the head o-rings. Any other questions?
                        Last edited by jinx; 10-10-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Yes please.. if there's an issue talk about it amongst yourselves.. post pruned..
                          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

awesome man!!! glad she's going on the 800s!! I just picture raw fuel coming out of the tail pipe when I think of injectors that big lol...
                            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                              awesome man!!! glad she's going on the 800s!! I just picture raw fuel coming out of the tail pipe when I think of injectors that big lol...
                              None of that, barely even any "rich" smoke either. So far I'm very happy with the DW injectors.

Comment

Oh ya, I had no doubt you'd be able to get your afrs to where you want them...just damn those are huge! (that's what she said!)
                                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                                X