Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two go in and one comes out (Operation body swap)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres one in mild steel
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

I was talking about the link in this post http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...6&postcount=42

I thought maybe you meant stay away from acestainless since they were cheaper lol

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

no stainless material in general does not suit this application. you'll thank me later.
        Think of my climate & the various weather extremes
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Mild steel takes the heat better over time but it also rusts like a bitch inside and out. Stainless warps and fractures fairly easy but lasts a lot longer and if welded properly it shouldn't be a problem. Besides I plan on bracing it to the manifold where I cut out more towards the front of it. The only weather extreme here is blistering heat and humidity. It rarely gets near freezing down here. Either way ace is out of the mild steel because customs won't release the shipment and they said it's going to take at least 3 weeks before they can get some in... Going to call around to local places tomorrow and see what I can find.

Comment

There is a steel supply house off indiantown and old dixie in jupiter that sells to the public.

I can remember their name at the moment but I'm sure google knows
            "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
            -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
            *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
            172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
            New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

One in lantana too

Comment

if you decide to go stainless i wish you the best of luck. thats how i'll leave it
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                  if you decide to go stainless i wish you the best of luck. thats how i'll leave it
                  Understandable.

I forgot to mention that I'm not plumbing the wastegate back into the exhaust. Since I don't have to deal with inspections or emissions I see no need to do it. Anyways I called up a few places today and nobody local had mild in the size I need Everyone needs to quit buying their supplies from china lol... I'll try some other places on monday I guess.
                  Last edited by jinx; 05-01-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

that blows man! how long of a dump pipe are you going to have for the wastegate?
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Its gonna stink your car up.
                      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                      "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                        that blows man! how long of a dump pipe are you going to have for the wastegate?
                        Probably to just past the firewall. Dunno yet.

Originally posted by bomdoutscort View Post
                        Its gonna stink your car up.
                        Nothing compared to my bronco with just full lenght drag headers for exhaust

Comment

Started to work on welding up the downpipe but didn't get far because it started to rain and I really don't want to do it inside of the garage. I might also send some of the stuff to jet-hot for coating before installing it.

Last edited by jinx; 05-02-2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

jethot ftw

Comment

The downpipe is pretty close to the intercooler pipes just like the vj20's was but I did manage to get a tad bit more room from angling it towards the block. I sure as hell don't wanna use the fiberglass wrap for it... so yeah jet-hot

Comment

It's really going to require a crazy pipe for the wastegate in order to squeeze around everything all due to the fact of using the gtx manifold with the adapter. Going to take quite a bit of thought. I'll take some pics here in a few mins.

Comment

Working...
                                X