X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot out of the CNC

Custom made chromoly flywheel to suit 7.25" Tilton OT-II twin plate clutch

Comment

read this entire build on fordlaser just the other day. simply amazing.
      88 Mazda GTX- rusted dalmation, it runs?
      00 Ford ZX2- red terd, mods: slow
      00 Ford ZX2- purple ricerocket, 302whp/298wtq - SOLD

Comment

wow, nice flywheel! whats the weight on that sucker?
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Time to pull me finger out i think.

Stripped a spare motor down on the weekend to use its block, crank and oil pump.

Cylinder head been polished up and is ready for cutting of 1mm oversize SS valves. This head i took from my rally car, its had the squared quench areas smoothed into the pentroof design of the head. No sharp edges.

Purchased a Racepak Iq3 dash display to go in the new dash, currently being freighted from the states with my clutch plates for the tilton,

example of what it looks like -

Gasket set obtained.

PAR advise me my gearset is in heat treatment at the moment.

Comment

Tilton OTII clutch on custom PAR flywheel in the flesh

Nearly finished the plug for the carbon dash, will mould in FG asap and lay the carbon soon after,

Stewyb and I are working on the fuel cell, 50L with 1x bosch 040 lift pump and 2x bosch 044 pressure pumps

Investigating some 1000cc injectors to run the ethanol, sard make some 1000cc items but the lag time is 1ms..... quite slow

Comment

dear god this is amazing haha idk what to say!!!
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

The lightened flywheel is over---- OVER ... raTED!

The same goes for over massaging cylinder heads...

Its your time and money!

Just a few tips on taking videos, check out this Miata, has spent half the money you got in your car and pulls like a beech!

Miata1

Miata2

MiataPowa

To me I find it silly you did not pull from a dead start all the way to 5th gear, a few 2nd and 3rd gear pulls badly recorded = FAIL.

Miatasetuplink

USA (LOL) priceless!

Note: Do remember it is the same engine.
                  Last edited by psiturbo; 04-27-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post

The same goes for over massaging cylinder heads...

Its your time and money!

Just a few tips on taking videos, check out this Miata, has spent half the money you got in your car and pulls like a beech!

Miata1

Miata2

MiataPowa

To me I find it silly you did not pull from a dead start all the way to 5th gear, a few 2nd and 3rd gear pulls badly recorded = FAIL.

Miatasetuplink

USA (LOL) priceless!

Note: Do remember it is the same engine.

I personally would like to try out a lightned flywheels. The first and last miata videos are not impressive. Your videos were more impressive than the first and last videos. The second one does have some power. This is his car and he built it himself so i don't think he cares about the time and money. Also his mate was doing the video in the passenger side of the car where the seat was supposed to be but wasn't there(so he was basically on the floor). Also the car doesn't look that fast with a slipping clutch.
                    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                    "Who Dey"

Comment

Originally posted by joshg123 View Post
                      Tilton OTII clutch on custom PAR flywheel in the flesh

Sweet..

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

If one forum will burn you on a heartbeat is MT.net, but well you are indeed the first person to say such thing. To each his own, honestly looking at his video reminded me of the typical DIY turbo kit Honda civic shown on youtube.

You know when you watch like ten thousand clips of ricer honda badly tuned turbo clips, yes his was just like that (by the way I am not talking about the miata). And no I will not chill out, the video is ghetto, comes over here with bunch of pics for a UUUU and AHHH and more OMG which in fact is all show no go.

No, his video clips did not give me a boner, sorry for the news.
                        Last edited by psiturbo; 04-27-2010, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo View Post

Yes, and so is physics, mechanical engineering, angular momentum, moment of inertia, and other facts and fact-like items.
                          '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                          '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                          10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                          490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

LOL!

And so is premature oil pumps whenever using lightened flywheels with aluminum crank pulleys.

Tons and tons have been there done that in PR on 9 and 10 second club WITHOUT a lightened flywheel.

I got one, but only 5 pounds off, Do you ever wonder why the flywheel of a Mustang 5.0 is lighter than ours?

Comment

If proper rotating assembly balancing is foreign to you (emphasis on PROPER), then I can see how you can be misguided in your opinion (from the content of your average post technical details I'm willing to believe it).

FWIW, you can run 9s or 10s on street tires, too - doesn't mean that slicks are overrated.
                              '90 Mazda 323 - V6 KLDE, supercharged, right-hand drive, build log
                              '93 Ford Probe GT - a few mods...
                              10.24 @ 139.5 mph [16 psi] - Timeslip
                              490whp, 447 wtq @ 20psi - Dyno sheet

Comment

LOL, once again!

Unfortunately here is some insight from from BoundaryEngineering.com, Travis is one of the main gurus there who is a faithful member in Miataturbo.net.

Hey, he sells badass oil pumps, NOT flywheels so there is NO need for him to bring such comment:

"I think it is really just a matter of RPM and Boost. There is also the matter of if your flywheel/crank is lightened or not. The lighter the rotating assembly gets the better "she rings true and long." I seen a great video once where they tapped a crank with a stock fly wheel and the sound deadened immediately. Then they attached a lightweight flywheel on it, and it sounded like you just hit the liberty bell. No one is ever going to be able to track down exactly why the failures happen or when they will happen. Its too complex, but the more things you have done to prevent it the better. Heavier assembly, maintaining the stock dampener, and certainly if you switch to upgraded gears."

Here is the thread:

Oil pump and lightened flywheel diagnostics

Burp!

Comment

Working...
                                X