No announcement yet.

frogi's protege work log#2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet deal on the GT wheel man! I gotta go to JY soon. Subscribed.

Comment

well i looked at her while dealing with the zx2. so i jump in the 01 zx2 to go run some errands. when out of no where she sputters then goes for about 1/4 mile the dies.
      well she has a full tank.
      checked the stupid fuel cut off sensor
      went to junk yard and grabbed maf, coil pack, fuel cut out sensor
      then went to autozone got some new wires, plugs, fuel filter.
      installed the plugs and wires
      old plugs

well no luck.
      so i spray sterter fluid in to see if it will start.thinking the pump or filter are the problem. nothing, so i get a hair up my but and take the timing cover off and

found the problem........did some research and found there are no timing marks to go by. this is going to be a big pita.

these are the instructions

i hate this car. i cant wait to sell it.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
      Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
      price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
      Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
      The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
      *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

didnt touch the zx2 yet ..had the electrician come and wirer the bathroom.

price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
        The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
        *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

What da ?... awesome pic, instant save.

It even has speakers on the engine bay!

Comment

Excellent work on that timing belt frog
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

well i did the timing 6 times on the zx2 today and each time was wrong..... it feels like its bogging, like a cylinder isnt hitting. but i put new wires and plugs in. this vct crap needs to burn in hell. i will never work on another ford again. and to make things worse the people that said yeah ill come help ended up flaking on me.i hate ford and i hate people.
              this car is going as soon as im done fixing it. im sticking to my mazdas from here on out.
              i dont think im going to to be able to do this my self. im getting to fustrated and after doing everything the way im suppose to and have it wrong really makes me wanna say **** you and burn the car to hell where it belongs........12 hrs of my life are gone and wasted now.

Comment

this guy sums up how i feel about this timing on the zetec

Comment

wel i brought the zx2 to the shop yesterday. i guess i wasnt too far off on the timing. but they put a new valve cover gasket on and are charging me 60$!! so im gonna have some words with them.

Comment

@ least it will be fixed. STUPID POS FORD
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

i ended up bringing it to a shop down the street. he got it fixed. 439$.....tried to charge me 60$ for a valve cover gasket.... i called ford they charge 23$. the shop lowered the charge. then they tried to charge me for putting the serpentine belt back on...i had it off when i brought it in....i told the guy that i got quoted at 286 to do the timing and putting the belt on is part of the job. he dropped the charge. so the bill went from 497$ down to 439$. i had a leak test done too. for 130xxx miles its in tip top shape.

so i left the shop jump on the highway and everything is nice. hit the first exit and jump back on the highway and no power!!jumped off on the next exit and the car dies.
                      start it back up and limp it 3 blocks home. pop the hood and he didnt bolt the throttle cable back down. and a coue other little things. so i call and he says bring it back. the check engine light comes on. so i start it up and it fine. drive over there and he reads the codes.... he says there is a code for the cat and knock sensor.....he resets it and i leave the engine light comes back on so i go to auto zone. and they read the code it says coil pack.....he resets it and i hasnt come back on. i put her through the paces. floored it all the way to 85 mph. made sharp turns while accelerating and hitting the brakes. so hopefully its all good now.

so the timing is set and new
                      new wires
                      new plugs
                      new brake pads
                      new rotors
                      new valve cover gasket
                      new tires
                      only thing left is the water pump which the next owner can do

Comment

damn son.. sounds like a pita... atleast its all taken care of now.. I have met the new owner of the 323 also! I went with a friend to his buddys shop and saw it there.. one of his friends.. i was like " i know that car " lol

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                        1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

im really starting to miss driving a stick.....i want my pro done!!! but im almost done with the basement so im hoping to get going again soon.

Comment

fixed the inner tir rod on the zx2 tonight. only took me 1.5 hours and a modified crescent wrench..... alignment is off by a hair but it will be fine for now. im just glad its fixed it got real bad today on the way to work,

Comment

any pictures froggi??? that did feel pretty bad when you showed me

Comment

no pics. didnt have time to take any. but ill snap a shot of the old 1. yay it was shaking pretty bad while driveing. but now its so nice!!! no thump when turning.

Comment

Working...
                                X