Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some strange electrical issues too. I have my wideband hooked up into the stereo power right now.

Comment

I got around and swapped out the old window washer bottle. The old one had a crack in it so it wouldn't fill. I have a window washer now, sort of. The drivers side nozzle seems to be plugged.
      Also figured out why my clock didn't work. The stupid plug came loose that goes to the fuse box. It may have been me but I sure don't remember doing it.
      Also got the wide band working again. Running the wire to the fuse box was working great at first, but my foot keeps hitting the wire and knocking if off. I'll probably use a longer wire and run it farther up under the dash, out of harms way.
      I found out the radiator leaks. I don't know what it is with me and radiators. The next one I buy is going to have some kind of quality rep associated with it.
      I changed the oil at the end of winter but I had an extra filter lying around so I changed it. I found out a short time ago that I can reach in from the top and change the filter without even putting it on the ramps.
      Since the wide band is working again, I decided to rich the VAF a couple of clicks. It' idles around 15 now.

I'm getting a freaky weird sound on start up that I can't seem to find. It kind of sounds like metal scraping. It happens clutch in or clutch out, and I'm still insecure about the vibration in the seat. My wife thinks I'm over reacting about the vibration. I still need to get it up on stands to check it properly. Soon.
      Last edited by 1st Gen; 05-26-2015, 12:41 AM.
      1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
      1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
      2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
      1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

wish you were local, i have a BG aluminum radiator in great shape just sitting around
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Dude, bring it by this week. Im in Vantucky, we can get it figured out.
          Mazda
          1988 Black 323 GT
          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Friday is my day to work on the cars. If you want to swing by the house, I'll see if I can't scare up some goodies

Comment

The noise isn't anything I'm too concerned with. I just don't have any idea what it is.

Comment

I've been having an issue with this car cutting out in third at high boost. It happens in second too if it's not warmed up properly. I've had it in the back of my mind for a while now that this vj20/vf8 hybrid is too big for the car. Another symptom of that would be stalling I think. That's why it seems to be cutting out. It's actually stalling because the engine isn't robust enough to handle that much boost, at least not with a 4wd that won't spin the tires. If it was front wheel drive, it wouldn't be an issue.

I need a smaller turbo, or figure out how to up grade the internals to handle that much boost. That's my analysis anyway. Seem Legit?

Comment

What bov do you have. What vaf? What injectors/ ecu. Your issues are entirely unrelated to the engine itself.
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

What happens when your blow off valve leaks? Does it come across like hitting a wall, then jumping back and forth.

edit-
                    IDK, gives me something to think about.
                    Last edited by 1st Gen; 06-07-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Ive been having the same issue. I think my bov needs more shims. It flutters under low boost, and leaks around 23 psi...
                      Mazda
                      1988 Black 323 GT
                      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

I was able to source an A code VAF for the new build a while back. I decided to clean it and put it on the B4pro. Runs great now. Maybe they're so temperamental because they need to be cleaned, or maybe they suck balls anyway. I should take the covers off one and run it through the dishwasher just to punish it.

Comment

weak return spring on the vaf? the few times i had the wagon running well before i installed MS and vaf delete, i could actually hear the vaf " clack" open when i hit boost and would cut for a second

Comment

Drove this car a bit tonight before putting it back in the garage. I've got the wrong mill working for me and am thinking of options. I could probably pick up a BP for pretty cheap. Cheap enough and I'm in.

Comment

Whats the latest now? Also, I still have that Radiator if you are still in need. Sorry for not getting back to you. I will be tearing my pro apart to swap trannies within the next few weeks, so let me know if your in the area, you can swing by, or I can bring it to you.
                              Mazda
                              1988 Black 323 GT
                              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

I have the car in the garage now. I finally got around and moved everything I needed to in order to get it in there out of the rain. Yea, the radiator is leaking and needs to be replaced. If we're able to catch up with each other today, that would be awesome.

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

PM sent
                                Last edited by 1st Gen; 11-13-2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X