Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt a real nice improvement when I went from a smic to fmic.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I saw this car on Wednesday and it's looking good. You're almost there dude! But I have to ask, which will get the power mods from here on out, the LX or the AWD?

BTW having two turbo BPs is just greedy lol
      -'91 Festiva L
      -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

It's hard to tell until I'm driving the 4WD. I will need some suspension upgrades to round out the package though.

My next power mod will be a power move. I've got my son's Uni loans that I'll be paying on for a while but, if the planets align, and if Mazda changes that stupid smiley grill on the MP3,

That means I'll be selling the BG's and all hardware that goes with them. Not yet though. Maybe a couple years.

I felt a real nice improvement when I went from a smic to fmic.
        Yea, I know. ---------------I know.
        Last edited by 1st Gen; 10-15-2010, 08:14 PM.
        1991 Protege LX with GTX swap, DD
        1990 4WD Protege with GTX swap, Project/garage decoration
        2006 Mazda 3 with 2.3, Her car
        1980 Ford F100 Short bed with 300ci 6 cylinder, work truck/home for moss

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Gen View Post
          That means I'll be selling the BG's and all hardware that goes with them.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by 1st Gen View Post
            That means I'll be selling the BG's and all hardware that goes with them. Not yet though. Maybe a couple years.

I call dibs on your 4wd!! lol! :D
            -'91 Festiva L
            -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

Not accepting Dibs yet. It's going to be a while.

Comment

I fulfilled my resolution of working on the project at least some every day by buying some hose clamps for the intercooler and researching the plug for the pressure regulator. Sometimes, "some" is the best I can do.

Comment

I got most of the SMIC hooked up today. Not a big thing but it puts me a little farther down the road. The coupler pieces were pretty stiff so I soaked them in hot water to soften them up a bit. So far so good. I have one piece I'm a concerned about but am going to use it and see if it holds up. It should be okay.

I'm still having harness issues. The fuel pressure regulator doesn't have a dedicated plug for it but I do have a few pieces that will fit it. There are some other plugs too.

I probably shouldn't post this yet but I can't seem to figure this out.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The doesn't answer my questions but it does give me some terminology to think about.

Well, the wires that seem to be available for this aren't the right color.
                    It looks like I can splice into the w/r wire, but then it goes to the em harness, somewhere. A ground perhaps.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 1st Gen; 10-18-2010, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Still need to do

Walbro fuel pump install
                      install gauge cluster and as much of the interior as I have time for
                      attach slim fan to radiator and install (found out the fasteners aren't long enough, have to source better solution)
                      finish the SMIC piping and install VAF
                      inspect harness thoroughly and finish install

inspect all vacuum lines and replace as necessary

buy boost gauge
                      buy muffler and high flow cat
                      think about some type of MP3 player and speakers
                      think about motor mounts and if I want to throw in with AWR
                      figure out head liner
                      pick up seat belt latches at j/y

I had assumed that the trans had no oil in it when I went to fill it so when it only took half the amount it was supposed to, it kind of created a problem, as well as a mess. Decide whether I'm going to drain the oil out so I can make sure the Royal Purple is the only oil in there. I'm more pissed about this than anything. RP ain't cheap!

inspect chassis harness plugs and decide what was supposed to go to the air conditioning and how I'm going to bind those wires up, figure out which plugs I need to replace or otherwise fix, and just reinstall everything.

install new headlight bulbs and make sure all those fixtures are secure
                      inspect bumper and decide if and how I want to mod that mess

source some fender well inserts
                      Keep an eye out for 15" aluminum wheels
                      buy new lug nuts for bling

Edit-
                      (done)Figure out Trans oil thing (never under estimate my own stupidity and laziness)
                      (done)New clutch master cylinder and bleed that system
                      (done)buy new battery and figure out battery box
                      (done)install GTX down pipe to turbo exhaust (I'm not sure if there is a risk of having the turbo vent so close to the turbine but I'm going to take a chance)
                      Last edited by 1st Gen; 10-21-2010, 11:03 PM.

Comment

hey if you need any random misc parts off of a black pro lx. let me know. we're sending my friends to the JY. we pulled the engine and tranny cause they're actually in awesome shape, but the rest isn't really worth anything.
                        sigpic

Comment

When does it go?
                          Yea I do need some stuff.

Thank for the offer Awesome Man!

Comment

In the Mazda harness W/R wires are 12V. Ground wires are black or brown.

Comment

idk when. it should have gone a long time ago. the whole interior got moldy and there is some body damage on the passengers side.
                              sigpic

Comment

Clutch master cylinder replaced and clutch bled. It was pretty darned satisfying to push that clutch in and feel the mechanism work. Same for the brakes.
                                In the Mazda harness W/R wires are 12V. Ground wires are black or brown.
                                I'll be working on this again in the next few days so I'll keep this in mind. Thanks
                                idk when. it should have gone a long time ago. the whole interior got moldy and there is some body damage on the passengers side.
                                Seat belt latches would be awfully nice. I need a head liner but mold just won't do.

Actually, fender well inserts, the under engine protective cover, and maybe some other body parts. Let me know when and where and I'm there.
                                Last edited by 1st Gen; 10-20-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X