No announcement yet.

My new whip.. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the hatch wing is sharp... say is that a kill switch near your right rear tail light???

Comment

Originally posted by tireboy View Post
      the hatch wing is sharp... say is that a kill switch near your right rear tail light???
      Thanks.. I really like the hatch wing.. It needs paint.. But so does the rest of the car...

Yeah its a kill switch and yes it works.... To run the 1/4 mile with my battery relocated to the truck I needed to have a sealed battery box and the kill switch...

Comment

been awhile since i checked the updates in the thread..... glad you have the bushings installed! come spring(when it warms up enough) buy some white krylon fusionĀ® paint & put some color match to those bumpers. it cleans up the overall look of the car 10 fold.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Bummer new today... I took the spindles to work and used the press on the bolts that were siezed... I couldn't press them out with out getting into the area of either ruining the bolt or the control arm bushings... 2 things I didn't want to do right now... I still want to use the stock control arms for winter use and I don't have replacement bolts yet so I decided just to throw the car back together for the winter... I'll look at getting a separate set of spindles and stock control arms to cut up use to install the new control arms...

Comment

i have mx3 rear ttl's...... from sunny florida. with bolts & virtually no rust. PS did i mention they need a home?
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

ya those lower spindle bolts are a PITA if it's not a southern car, and even then it's probably a challenge and a half lol. I remember back in the day I paid a shop to do it for me lol, cost me $120-140 since it took them all day to do it LOL
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Yeah I am lucky I don't have to pay shop fee's since I work at a shop... Plus I know the owner of a local junk yard... He likes me so I can get some pretty good deals..

Comment

Christmas came early... 8) once again thanks to Jim (JPmotorsports) for the hook up... I went to the junk yard this weekend and picked up a spare transmission for the rebuild as well... Looks like this winter is going to be busy...

Good thing my GF isn't around... This thing stinks like gear oil and posi additive...

They say on the box to read the instructions first... hahaha... Thankfully there is some english at the back..

Comment

Oh the lovely smells lol. At least it doesn't smell like a used diff...used gear oil is pretty vial lol
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Well I am winter ready now... The car feels like a sloppy mess now... hahah.. gotta love stock suspension...

Here she is pulled into my garage... Its a bloody mess after I am done with house reno's I'll get to cleaning this mess up...

bye bye front coil overs...

bye bye front control arms with control arm bearings..

rears...

For anyone interested... This is the only difference between MX3 and 323 rear upper strut mounts.. The MX3 studs are longer... The way I have my strut brace set up in the rear unfortunatly I have to get rid of it for the winter because of the shorter studs..

mmm yummy... brand new hankook ipike snow tires with fresh studs... hopefully I wont go off the road during the thunderbird TSD rally in feb..

Here she is in all her ugly winter glory..

Comment

poor white 323..... having to see winter

Comment

Well I haven't updated this in a while... I haven't done much with my transmission build yet... Hopefully sooner then later I'll get on that...

today was lots of fun though... Rob (permin323) and I are heading out to compete in the Thunderbird TSD Rally next weekend... Rob is going to navigate for me... It should be lots of fun... Rob has a set of spare fog lights for his car that weren't installed yet so he got creative last week... He used his car to mock up and build come custom brackets for the Fog lights... Today I drove down and we fit the lights to my car... I had to get rid of my power steering cooler and modify one of my rad brackets but it all worked out in the end.. Wiring them in was just quick and dirty since after the rally they will be coming off my car... Part of the regs for the rally though need the light to be controlled with the high beam switch... I figured no problem we will just wire the power control for the relay into the high beams... easy right?? Wrong.. stupid me forgot in canada our day time running lights are run at lower voltage threw the high beams... damn!! Because of this the fogs were always on when my lights were turned off... So now I am going to wire a switch into the ground side so I can turn the fogs off while driving.. Then when I turn my lights on I can turn the switch on and the fogs will turn on then when I turn my high beams on...

Last edited by crazycanadian; 02-05-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

i like the mounting design. rather then through the bumper.

Comment

I also started chasing down a gremlin that has crept up recently... While cruising on the hwy between 3200 - 4000rpm I develop a random missfire... The missfire only happens after I have been cruising at a steady throttle for more then 2 - 3min though... Its wont alway act up either... I brought home the lap scope from work this weekend and finally had time this afternoon to look at the car...

Here is what I found...

Looks like I need a computer...damn! You can see the change in the ignition control pattern but no change in the crank sensor pattern... I didn't save the pattern but I had also scoped it with CKP sensor off the crank shaft to see if it was causing a problem but there was no glitch in that signal either... I also disconnected CKP sensor and ran the car and still had the problem...
                              (Red = CMP sensor, Green = CKP sensor from the distributor, Blue = ignition control signal from the computer, yellow = random injector current ramp)

Here is another pattern... With the primary ignition pattern its hard to see in this picture but when zoom in I can tell the coil is fine and so is the ignitor in the distributor...
                              (Green = CKP sensor from the distributor, Blue = ignition control from the computer, Yellow = Primary ignition patter/Tach signal)

This is a zoomed in look... You can see the little dip in the ignition control signal... This would be the computer driver breaking down...
                              (Green = CKP sensor from the distributor, Blue = ignition control signal, Yellow = primary ignition pattern)

While I was at it all I hooked up to my gf's 95 mx3 GS... It has no driavablity problems...
                              (Green = CKP sensor, Blue = CMP sensor, Yellow = ignition control signal)
                              Last edited by crazycanadian; 02-05-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

thats one hell of a tool!. neat to be able to read digital square wave format on a screen like such

Comment

Working...
                                X