No announcement yet.

Ben's 1991 AWD Protege work log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey feel free to snap pics of your coilover setup! sounds interesting lol.
    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Yeah i was going to take lots of pics. i got some 2.25 springs for the rear i gotta put on, the i just need to know how many 2.25 -> 2.50 adapters I need so i can swap the rear springs to the front.

Comment

Haven't gotten to the suspension yet as I just started a new job and i don't have quite the spare time i used to have. i did however finish up my rear deck lid speaker install.

put down the fatmat and installed the speakers. i noticed a huge difference right away with road noise and my rear speakers sound way better in the base dept.

Comment

what roof rack is that??

Comment

Originally posted by high_body View Post
            what roof rack is that??
            that's a yakima set up

Comment

yeah it's a super old yakima setup. they don't even make **** for it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bent View Post
                yeah it's a super old yakima setup. they don't even make **** for it anymore.
                if it's a yakima, you can still get accessories for it. bars are the same as they have always been.

I keep meaning to put the rack back on my pro but I keep putting it off lol

Comment

put down the fatmat and installed the speakers. i noticed a huge difference right away with road noise and my rear speakers sound way better in the base dept.
                  Serious approach in speakers installation! Well done!
                  What was brand of your old rear speakers? My front door ones was in such ugly appearance, I've replaced them, but rears are fine.
                  Is your color code 6N? It is very similar to mine...
                  sigpic
                  1990 323s BG 1.6i

Comment

they were some super old ass alpines. not sure of my color code, but i'm planning on painting her OD Green semi-gloss after I replace some body panels.

Comment

got some new wheels that clear the rear struts!

Comment

looks sharp! what are the rim and tire specs?
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

15x6.5 +35 kumho AST 195/50r15's. would have liked to go 205/50 but the tire won't clear my rear strutbody on my coilovers.

Comment

15x6.5 +35 kumho AST 195/50r15's. would have liked to go 205/50 but the tire won't clear my rear strutbody on my coilovers.
                            205/50/15 will fit, even with that offset. You could have always got a 5-10mm spacer also. I have 205/45/16 with +32 offset and i clear fine, with room to spare.
                            Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

nope trust me on this. my coilover spring rubs on the sidewall of the tire. i have to run 5mm spacers as it is. the hankook's that were on the wheels were 205/50r15's. same "size" as the sumitomo's that were on there before guess if the tire is a true 205/50r15 it would fit. non of the ones around my house did.

let this be a lesson for you kids, just cause stuff "fits" doesn't mean it won't affect other things. Sure GC coilvers will "fit" the rears of an awd protege, you just run into other issues.

Comment

wheels look good man.
                                1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                                Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                                "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Working...
                                X