No announcement yet.

Gambit's 93dx build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I havent updated for a while. But I have an ms on the way and a cs downpipe so hopefully I can make some good progress this weekend.

Comment

answer your phone, f*cker! ive called a few times when in the area, and you never pick up!
      loves BGs too much for his own good...

93 pro lx. daily runaround until a straight shell can be had.
      73 datsun 260z, yet another project in need of more love.

"yeah im sure you as a redneck and then a dude walking around with a mohawk, wearing gang rags... you're sure to stir up some trouble..."
      sigpic

Comment

MS huh? that should be fun unleashed... you forgeting some other parts....?? haha!
        Anyone knows what 9K rpm feels like? I do

93 Mercury Tracer SW
        99 Honda Accord 4DR 'VIP' status
        01 Honda S2000 Future Boost

Comment

Alright so I got the megasquirt today and corksport downpipe.

So started by pulling the engine harness out and putting the fusebox in the glove box. I also removed all of the ac, heater and piping out from under the dash. Only the bare essentials left.

Hopefully this weekend I can make a trip to the junkyard and grab an lx injector harness. Other things to do are weld on a support bar to the downpipe. Get the wastegate on and functioning. Put on the new intercooler, radiator, fan and dx doors. It should be a good weekend to get alot done and see if I can get the car ready in time for the corksprt meet.

Comment

Alright here is some pics.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice update!
              I need to get behind my dash again to rip out all the crap I dont need just like youve stated. I wonder how fun that is. Very nice IC, I wonder how it would sound on that particular pipe if you dump the WG out and weld it shut else where?? hmmmm.... lol

93 Mercury Tracer SW

Comment

The underdash removal took about an hour and a half. Im thinking of doing an external gate on the downpipe, But I'm really not sure about it. I will get more pics this weekend.

Comment

hmmm... When I get the chance I will rip out the dash and take care of that.

As for the EWG... do it!! its sooo much better and consistant boost baby! Hence why I welded the WG on my VJ23

93 Mercury Tracer SW

Comment

looks good man!
                    -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                    http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Yeah I'm thinking I might have to do that. I need to order the boost control unit for the ms to.

Comment

Took a pic today. I hope I can get alot done this weekend. I havent had time to work on it lately.
                        Attached Files

Comment

do me a favor asap. cut that rice cannon off & put a respectable muffler on- low key & tucked slightly.

thanks much
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Lol, Yeah it looks bad but sounds good. Im getting a deal on a full 3 1/2 inch back stainless exhaust. So it will get changed soon enough.

Comment

The gtr could possibly go up for sale soon. I have another motor in mind that will help me reach my goals a little easier.

Comment

im hoping it starts with an F & ends with a 3
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X