No announcement yet.

Scorch3's 91 DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must not have gotten your MaZda bible yet? Praise the lowered and check out page 59 You will be a kool kid when you phone the stealership with the Mazda part number.

Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IMACHU2 View Post
      You must not have gotten your MaZda bible yet? Praise the lowered and check out page 59 You will be a kool kid when you phone the stealership with the Mazda part number.

http://www.mazdaspeeddevelopment.com...RO_9094_cg.pdf
      The real cool kids just put those numbers in on the MazdaSpeed Motorsports website to order their parts.
      '94 Protegé DX

Comment

"Guelph City Mazda" delivers my parts. (I can almost see the dealership from my work) LOL It is super convenient, almost too convenient when my Visa statement arrives.
        Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

I actually have that but couldn't tell form the pic, ended up calling the dealer and getting the,m to describe it to me lol. They wanted $197 the wreckers said they didn't have any clean ones and the only rad place that could get one wasn't until tuesday, but for $108 I can wait. At first she said it would be here tomorrow so I started taking the old one off and it basically fell apart in my hands, then she calls me back and says it'll be tuesday so I guess I'll be bumming rides until then but whatever save $90.

Comment

$120 and that's all fixed up, even smoothed my idle up a bit a i think. Once i had the new (to me) filler neck on for a bout an hour I took it out and introduced it to road salt. Car did pretty well in the snow.

Comment

I've been spending some time out of the city since last semester finished and I've noticed the engine never comes up to temp with the heater on if I'm on country roads or the rather than the stop and go the car's more used to. I'm thinking the thermostat is stuck open. Anyone have any other ideas?

Comment

simple cardboard over part of the radiator will fix that.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I'll probably do that until next pay and after tuition this week. Then a new thermostat and a coolant flush will be in order I suppose.

Comment

So pending leak down test results when I do the thermostat this week (hopefully) I'm going to try and order a clutch kit with my next pay cheque since tuition is finally paid. Anyone have any recommendations on a particular kit?

So far I'm thinking this one: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GRIPFORCE-OE-...ht_3229wt_1344
                    Last edited by Scorch3; 01-21-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

they only ship UPS to canada . watch the fees and ask if they will ship USPS.

Comment

Did the leak down test today, the results were interesting and a bit puzzling.

1 - 35% loss
                        2 - 32% loss
                        3 - 75% loss
                        4 - 27% loss

So obviously something is very wrong with cylinder 4. Listening for where the leak is yields a little bit out the oil cap, nothing from the exhaust and next to nothing from the EGR bung on the manifold but quite a lot through cylinder 4's spark plug hole... the thing that has me confused is that if it was travelling through the intake valves I would thing I should be able to hear it at the cylinder and if it was travelling between the cylinders through the head gasket or something then I would see similar results in 4. So basically I'm at a loss, my Dad recommended putting half a liter of ATF in with the nex tank of gas to clear some carbon out and then try again so that's my plan for now.

So the clutch is on hold for now. Why would USPS be preferable? Just cheaper?

Comment

So, just happened upon a Kia BP and tranny for $150 each. I've searched a bit but just want to confirm a few things.

The BP would bolt right up to my tranny if I decided to go that route right?

If I did want the tranny too I would need new axles and I'm assuming Hubs as well?

Finally and here are the ones that really confuse me as I can't seem to find anything saying either way. For everything to work just right I'll need a BP ecu and likely the AFM I would think. Would I need the wiring harness too or can I just plug all that it?

Comment

axles yes. hubs no. yes it will bolt on ..if its a true kia BP trans.
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Does the Kia use a different trans then the Mazdas? I really haven't seen anything about the Kia specifically anywhere.

Comment

Got here lowered a week or so back. Canuck Motosprot springs, 2 inch drop and not a whole lot stiffer then stock. Ride is good, no bouncing and I haven't bottomed out. Drop is just about even, about an 1/8 inch less gap in the back I'd guess, I'm very happy with the look.

Put my Summers on today to fully appreciate it. Gotta say they seem kinda boring compared to the blue steelies, Paint it is definitely in the future for them. The lower profile and stiffer sidewalls also made the ride much rougher, you definitely feel every bump but nothing back breaking like some cars I've ridden in.

Comment

Working...
                                X