frogi's protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frogi's protege

well i bought a 94 protege 3 years ago. started stripping it then stopped.
    well now the wife is letting me.... i mean i finally ready to get her going.

ill post pics as i go if i remember.

i am going to be putting in a bp and manual trans.
    im doing the 5th gear swap
    putting in a mx3 steering rack
    zx2 front sway bar
    grant steering wheel
    kyb struts
    h&r springs
    kc fog lights

and random things as i go.
    o and i might be moving the battery to the trunk.

Originally posted by minnesotapj
    Cost of your fancy German built sports car $35k
    price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
    Getting beat by a second hand 20 year old Japanese 4 door... Priceless!
    The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
    *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

cleaned and painted the slave cylinder. started cleaning and assembling the pedal assembly. also found a broken weld and rewelded it... looks like crap but i did it. started to find all my parts and get them ready .Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0395.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	365.3 KB
ID:	1232945Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0292.jpg
Size:	383.2 KB
ID:	1232936Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0293.jpg
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	1232937Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0294.jpg
Size:	382.3 KB
ID:	1232938Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0295.jpg
Size:	381.3 KB
ID:	1232939Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0388.jpg
Size:	355.5 KB
ID:	1232940Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0391.jpg
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	1232941Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0392.jpg
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	1232942Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0393.jpg
Size:	345.9 KB
ID:	1232943Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0394.jpg
Size:	371.1 KB
ID:	1232944Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0291.jpg
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	1232935ill get some more pics

price of your fancy sun glasses to match your German built sports car $200 dollars
    The only bummer about the world ending is that you can't turn to the person next to you and say "WOW! Did you see THAT?!!"
    *1. 85 accord hatch r.i.p. *2. 87 chevy s-10 r.i.p. *3. 91 dodge daytona r.i.p. *4. 91 labaron r.i.p. *5. 91 mazda 323..sold *6. 89 silverado sold *7. 94 mazda protege ...in the works...

Comment

well i got an engine yesterday for free. just have to put it together. trying to get him to give me the turbo parts too but i doubt it will happen. been trying to get this engine from him for 5 years. lol.

Comment

who'd you get the engine from?? /what turbo parts?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I forget his name on here. But he isn't on anymore.

Comment

so i got my gasket set, and arp head studs!!! thanx ryan

o and valves.

started cleaning up the rust holes and getting ready for some welding. also decided to make a home brewed spot welder. so far it work in concept but i need to refine it.

Comment

wow haven't see you around here in a bit glad to hear progress is being made!
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

yeah i have had alot of life things going on. but the wife finally sees my point that having the pro running is cheaper in the end! also we having another kiddo in january!! im having a boy!!! (well the wife is)

Comment

Looking forward to work on this

Comment

That's if you ever come up! Lol.

Comment

get some pictures up frogi
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Here. I'll get some more later
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well getting the rust cleaned up and getting ready to weld new sheet metel in wheel wells. Getting the block cleaned up. May not get the rust off. About to disassemble the head and clean it up. And see how long it takes the wife to yell at me for cleaning it in the bath tub.

Comment

DISHWASHER!!!! use the dishwasher

Comment

You want me to die??? I thought we where friends?

Comment

Working...
                              X