No announcement yet.

Kulluminati777´s MX3 Rice racer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZE FTW! What did you have to source for the swap anyways? Its a direct bolt in with the K8 pretty much. Or do you just mean extra aftermarket parts for even more go fast times?
    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
    ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
    What are you driving?

Comment

Yeah mostly aftermarket like awr motor mounts, fidanza flywheel, act clutch. Also decided to do the normal service parts like all the belts including the timing belt,pulleys and water pump. Now I just have to drive to washington from california to swap this beast in
      View my worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Comment

love your mx3 and your rare parts.

sigpicWorlds first car with GPS was a Mazda

~~~~~~~~> Thanks again to member gooseinyou for the familia garnish <~~~~~~~~

Comment

So my baby has touched down in america!! I had to do a impromptu photo shoot because i was so excited. This is the first time in 12 years this car has been back stateside (according to army vehicle records)

now the short term to do list is:

Redo rsx lip
          Swap on carbon fiber hood
          KLZE swap
          Actually get license plates :lol: :lol:

now its in winter mode...oh wait california doesnt have winter so this is 24/7 mode :lol:

Comment

Operation KLZE begins......

Fidanza Flywheel on :mrgreen:

Now time for the ACT 6 Puck clutch.......

Comment

you'll love the stepup from the K8.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I cant wait. My k8 has got me around europe but it is a sluggish pacemaker. The ZE thats going in is a pretty mint low mileage heart. I know the ZE is rated 200 at the crank but at the wheels its 170/180 ish??? I mean thats a 40/50 hp increase over the stock K8. I have been for real dreaming about finally being able to put this thing in....Should be next week when it gets dropped in for sure!!!

Comment

So I got he ZE swap done a few days ago but on the way back the KLZE overheated and now I believe the head gaskets are gone.....I have a local friend helping me out with what actually happened and if the KLZE is even salvageable...

While the car has been down I put on a different rear lip and debadged the rear and added "mazdaspeed" decals to the wing to give the car a true brochure look

On the way from washington I took this pic and thought it was epic!!:frantic:

Last footage of the crusty old K8

Engine fairy's have struck!!!

The new KLZE all in.....This engine was made for this car

It was soo fun to drive but the car is non op now I hope I can get it fixed soon

While the car has been just sitting I redid my rear lip with a different design and fit it a little better than my old crappy lip lol and in these pics you can see my rear debadged. I only left my "tuned by mazdaspeed" badge

Comment

most ****ty luck. grab another KL from one of the junkyards....
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Did you not have the temp gauge hooked up? Or you just werent paying attention to it? That sux man.
                      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                      What are you driving?

Comment

yeah like a bone head I didnt notice any over heating till i checked to see how much gas i had. I was pretty tired too. It was like 3am I was trying to get home before school started but I ended up not making it anyway because the car go towed home...... luckily I have a local member ( dan[sac] ) helping me get the ZE back on the road

Comment

You couldnt have a better person to help you. As KL knowledge goes.
                          ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                          What are you driving?

Comment

Wow I havent updated this in forever. Well i have had the ZE back on the road thanks to my BFF dan[sac] lol . I love the difference in power driving it day to day compared to the K8 EXCEPT when we reinstalled the engine i wanted the 6 puck ACT clutch out and hard on cash i bought a new fidanza friction plate and went with a generic bran clutch. What a mistake this thing slips anytime i put to much power on. I will put in a exedy or something once im done with school for sure. I have had a few overheating scares but this was due to bad rad caps not keeping my system pressurized enough. I replace those and have been smoooth cruising ever since.

I have been chasing leaks and so far am sure i have all of them taking care of...we will see in the coming week or so....

I have done a front make over as well. I change my tinted blinkers and installed some clear ones which i love the look. I also bought a MS bonnet baadge to complete my external mazdaspeed look. Its still in the mail though. I have been able to add some mazda oem headlight covers to my rare parts collection and may get glass headlamps or just rice it out and put em on my ebay projectors. I have removed my scoop and brembo covers and installed and nice real BBK. I have also go some new vanity plates. Bet you cant decode it lol

Comment

I havent updated this in awhile. Although I should more often. I mean theres never anyone on MX3.com barely anyway and the FB group leaves much to be desired. Since the last photo here I got a CF hood for hella weight savings yo lol.

I FINALLY found a mazdaspeed B-spec steering wheel complete with the pad and carbon look ring. I also got a mazdaspeed shift knob.

Here is a pic of everything all fitted up :D

I also finally found a Type B mazdaspeed bonnet badge as well.

Had to put in on my hood. Im not big on just having parts and badge just because. I doubt ill ever loose it because i look back at the car everytime i park and if i see it missing then im missing work to retrace my driving route....on foot lol

Also here is a shot with the badge and my OEM mazda headlight covers. VERY rare. There made for glass headlights but hey im a riceboy I have to put them on my ebay plastic lights lol

also recently I bought new tires (new size as well) and bought an EZ lip and fit that to my mazdaspeed front. It was looking a little naked...

new tires

I painted my KLG4 valve cover. I still need to put it on hahahaha. Ill try and fit it this weekend as I have time. Its a black with TONS of gold pearl in it. Looks sexy in the light with my mazdaspeed oil cap as an accent.

I fit OEM tails back on due to me not diggin the fact that everyone thinks my car is something else because of them. I get stuff like RSX, supra, integra, geo storm. Its insane. Cant people read. Its a mazdaspeed MX3 hahahahahaah

I have found and purchase mazdaspeed sport seats and the RARE RARE RARE mazdaspeed sway bars. The back is common but the front is IMPOSSIBLE to find. Maybe the rareest part i have seen for the MX3 and I got a set. Im excited to get all that stuff in the mail. So out of boredom of waiting i mad a "Diffuser"/ MS front bumper support. I have to protect my front bumper as im 99% sure its the only official one outside japan.

This is how the car currently sits right now. Ill have more pics and updates once some stuff comes in the mail Its earned its right to be called a mazdaspeed MX3 my quest for MS parts is over officially as well. I have found and aquired everything in the brochure that I dont have a better version of.

Comment

What is that front brake kit again!! tucked wicked under some 15's

Comment

Working...
                                X