Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on history of my gtr if poss

Hi guys
    After my Ford Laser tx3i got stolen about 2 years ago , ive aquired a rather abused/neglected 1992 Mazda Familia GTR which im slowly restoring. Im trying to track down some info on it ie specs, build number, etc etc.
    Having trawled the net im no futher ahead so is there someone here that can help?
    Chassis no BG8Z 303000
    thanks
    gareth:
    Last edited by fossiltx3; 02-08-2014, 08:01 PM.

any pictures of the car?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Hi sorry bout my slackness in replying, here she is.................hope these pics work.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	paws 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1238312

Name:	mazda gtr 001.jpg
Size:	364.9 KB
ID:	1238313

Name:	mazda gtr 016.jpg
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	1238314

Name:	paws 003.jpg
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1238315

Comment

Is that a Laguna Blue (color code 6W) GT-R? I didn't know that ever happened. I've only seen white, black, red, and gray.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

looks like a respray...under hood is gray.

Comment

the car is paint code 4z (silent silver) which azgtx has correctly alluded to is grey. In fact there has been 4 different colours ive discovered since removing that paint job........blue, white, some red, and then the factory color......the car has been thru 9/10? owners since it came into enzed and each one left their mark on the car.

Have got some current pics of my progress with the car but have to upload them. thanks guys

Comment

Oh ok. I thought the engine bay was just dirty. That's a lot of owners!
              1990 Protege 4WD
              GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
              ├┼┤
              2 4 R

Comment

Yeh but looking back thru its history, those owners havent done much mileage before onselling it. I bought it november 2012 with a noise from the center diff and a failed WOF (our vehicle roadworthy check). Among some of the things I found when looking at were a Link G1 ecu wired up so badly the presets had to be reset everytime the car was started, a big arse BOV, external gate w/ screamer pipe, and a fiberglass evo 1-3 bumper held on by 2 screws and a few zipties......but..... all the important gtr stuff was there....... bar the exhaust manifold (which I got last week), intercooler and the gtr turbo.

Comment

Well,um, welcome to the asylum. Y'all should fit right in once you truly dive into your car. I would do a magnet check on the coachwork. Suspicious as to why so many paintjobs! Have you looked for signs of a removed rollcage by any chance?
                  '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                  '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Cheers
                    I dont know why its had so many paint jobs, but the 2 main ones were the white and the blue. As for bog, yes theres a bit plus its had a decent wack to the lf corner. I did a vehicle check and its not stolen but I thinks it just got thrashed by mechanically incompetant muppets who didnt know how to do repairs properly and as a result it slowly died before being finished by a crook center diff. I believe it had been parked up for a little while before I bought it.

Also as ive been lurking around the site for a bit w/o logging in, I can totally agree with the assylum mentality......but you gotta be slightly mental to work on cars esp older mazdas...........

Name:	mazda gtr 002.jpg
Size:	375.9 KB
ID:	1238317Click image for larger version

Name:	mazda gtr 004.jpg
Size:	361.2 KB
ID:	1238316Click image for larger version

Name:	mazda gtr 017.jpg
Size:	370.6 KB
ID:	1238318Click image for larger version

Name:	mazda gtr 019.jpg
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	1238319

Comment

ouch at the bearing cage!
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

You seem like you'll fit right in.

Glad to see it's finally getting some attention! It will be worth it in the end. I have too much fun with my stock GT-X setup...
                        1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Comment

Hi guys,
                          the pics of the bearing cage are the remains of the center diff pinion bearing........in fact I still have the cages/needle roller bearings for posterity on my toolbox.
                          As for the car I am not quite sure why it got passed around, but yes it has been down the strip hence the munted center diff. I also know it was parked up for around (im guessing 1-2 years) due to said center diff, the WOF failing, ecu not working properly due to poor wiring among other things. after talking with the previous owner, he confirmed it had been broken into a few times.
                          On my searching, Ive found:
                          BG8Z 303000
                          produced: april 1992 Mazda Motor Corp Japan
                          paint code: 4z
                          model code: GTR
                          build no:? Can anyone help on this?
                          And an empty wallet.
                          Lastly I managed to score a genuine gtr exhaust manifold after almost a year of looking plus a munted rhf6 turbo. gonna see if it can be repaired.

Name:	mazda gtr 023.jpg
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	1238323Click image for larger version

Name:	stuff 012.jpg
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1238324

Comment

what turbo is that in the picture??

Comment

The turbo is a TD04 which came (i believe) off a Mitsi Lancer GSR........ you know the poor mans evo if you will.

On a side note I found out yesturday that the entire floorpan of the GTR (from firewall to the boot/trunk) is different. I have known the area around the center console is, due to the 4wd system, but didnt realise it extended back as far as the boot area Click image for larger version

Name:	mazda gtr 025.jpg
Size:	351.9 KB
ID:	1238327Click image for larger version

Name:	mazda gtr 026.jpg
Size:	360.4 KB
ID:	1238328

Comment

Working...
                              X