The 'scort with no name.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My egt? Yeah back at the beginning of the year
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

OH! Here's my 'first' picture too

Click image for larger version

Name:	10590669_10152198514156058_8229416567758679637_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1238932
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Lol your in my area haha, Salem.
        Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

I may be getting rid of my bp and trans, if anyone wants them go for it, it'll be awhile though got to get this god forsaken Nissan out of my workspace first..
          Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

Made a trip to the yard this morning. Picked up some solenoid down on the passenger side of the intake mani that has a busted nipple. Now I should be good on w/e it is. Also grabbed a fuel door release cable as mine was done, and rear sway bar mounts with soke fair shape bushings. Was going tomtrack down the rear tie bar from the mx3 there, but it was gone, as was the only bp mazda. So no dice on a bp header.

The plus side, they just took in my twin, MM egt, so I'll be watching row52 for its release in the yard. Maybe grab the front end from it and stuff.

Ordered a few more bits. Last thing I feel I need to order to get to amcomftorable reliable dd state is some rotors. I have them on standby, so maybe next payday. Then all the new bits should be rally spec. Just gotta save more, which will take time. Putting money away for moving expenses, so who knows what progress I'll see in the next 6 months.

Im pleased so far! Still no pics. Nothing has happened. No parts installed. Gotta wait until I have enough free time for something like that

Comment

10 more days, and I should be placing my final order for the Daily Driver phase of the 'scorts life

Comment

Might be putting off the next order for a wee bit. Bills came up. Again. Looking to plan a weekend where I can get around to working on the car. A couple projects are coming to a close so that should free up my car time.

My biggest issue right now while driving around is the drivers door panel speaker cuts out all the time. I feel the wires aren't completely connected. The kid that had it prior REALLY did a number on this thing. However, I'm still only like $1200 in parts so far. And the car will be so close to being mechanically new when it's done. *sigh* baby steps...

Comment

Yay!!! Did something to the EGT today!!!

Noticed while driving, my steering wheel/column was moving a bit left to right. Made me remember, oh yeah.. i took a bolt out to sizeup at the hardware store so i could acquire the right stuff to drop it a smidge.

Stopped by the store around lunch time, grabbed some bolts and spacers, came home, and dropped the steering column 1.25" I like!! (learned this when I had the first 323 hatch)

I like how low it is, and will use that for trackday and rallycross setup. However, it's far too low for everyday safe driving. Can't see the gauges... Yay to adjustable height steering columns!!!! regular driving, it was dropped about 1/4", and performance driving, will be dropped 1.25" total.

Now, back to work. My free time is taken up by illustrating a book. a book about cars. a book about cars for lil people.

Comment

I had expected to consider my fresh brake setup the last order for the time being. Then I realized, my struts are quite worse than I had expected. In fact, I really don't feel comfortable enough driving with them. So, I placed an order for kyb gr2's. We'll see if this is the last order until rally bits. Ill run them with stock springs.

Pretty annoyed as prostreetonline hasnt shipped my parts, and my order status has been ' processed' for the last month. Finally got an email response this morning saying, your order must have slipped through the cracks.. someone will reach out to you Monday.

Ya, they were closed all last week for sema too.

Should have just ordered that stuff from horsepowerfreaks.....

Comment

what special parts did you order that you couldn't have gotten from say advance /autozone/etc
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Ss braided brake lines

Comment

ah yes! wish CS still sold em
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I Wish CS still did lots of things for the BG. then I could just drive down there and take delivery. But no.....

So, ProStreetOnline decided to leave a voicemail and email me. They're refunding me my payment, and cancelling my order. 'They sent the order off to Russel (brake line manufacturer) and somewhere my order slipped through the cracks. Could have been with all the chaos of SEMA.'

Oh stfu. W/e.. I just placed my order for techna lines with HPF. Hopefully my struts and brake lines arrive by the end of next week. I'm actually thinking of taking the car to my bud who fabs rally stuff next weekend, getting the car on the lift, and attempting to tackle as much as we can in the weekend. Would be swell to make some progress.

Comment

Ah yes. So... i am tired of speakers cutting in and out when the radio is on. Popped the doorpanel off and the speaker that is in there is hanging on for dear life with wires that are deteriorating.

PO cut up the privacy cover and put 6x9s in it, which are barely wired as well. Found stock panels for the rear strut covers, so I plan to source factory fitting speakers for there, as well as find the factory size speakers for the door cards... I don't care about upgrades.. I just want decent sounding audio... Not to mentioned his open ended wires for the amp/sub he had... *fail*

Comment

good audio is one of the nicest changes you can make to these cars. im anxious for next year when i finally wire in a sub.

Comment

Working...
                                X