86-94 323 and protege weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86-94 323 and protege weight?

Hey guys does anyone here have weight yours 323's and protege's I am going for the lightest thing possible. I have search online but I dont trust these sites specs . If what others sites say its true the 86-89 323 hatchbacks are the lightest. Any input will be aprecciated. Thanks. Berto
    Engine
    Trans
    Power

The bf hatch backs are the lightest. My b6t swapped 89 weighed in about 2250lbs. No weight reduction had been done. My klg4 swapped 92 hatch back weighed in just over 2300lbs. Not much had been done to reduce weight. My 88 gtx was about 2600lbs.

BFs are the hardest to get parts for.

Comment

My autoX BG 323 is down to around 2100lbs. I used to run a BG Protege setup exactly the same and it was 2230lbs. As already stated the BF hatch is the lightest to start with, but it really depends on what you are wanting to do with it. If you are looking for a chassis to race I would start with the BG hatch....the BF chassis would take too much work to get decent parts, especially the suspension.

Comment

I want to build a drag car, that is why I want the lightest thing possible. A BG chassis looks like a good place to start. If I can get to a curb weight of 2100lbs with me on it, I will be glad.
        Engine
        Trans
        Power

Comment

2100lbs and a road legal car might not be possible. A completely hacked up, gutted chassis that gets towed to the track might be capable of around 1800-1900lbs depending on cage requirements. You'll likely need to go to Lexan windows to have a hope of getting below 2000lbs.

Comment

This was full interior with LX seats. Still had power steering installed then. Basically a stock DX with a BPT.

DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92dx View Post
              This was full interior with LX seats. Still had power steering installed then. Basically a stock DX with a BPT.

Heartland Park? I've been on those scales as well.

Comment

Originally posted by XelderX View Post
                Heartland Park? I've been on those scales as well.
                Yes sir!
                DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

me+ misc tools + full tank of gas 2800lbs : ( 92 323 (full cage tho)
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

A decent cage is going to run between 150-200lbs. If you went with just a rollbar you would save some weight. It really just depends on how far/fast you want to go. The first real question is are you going to be driving it on the road and if so how comfortable do you want it to be. Just that question alone could change the final outcome by 500-600lbs.

Comment

Probably will be trailered, so no street at all.
                      Engine
                      Trans
                      Power

Comment

Originally posted by Berto24 View Post
                        Probably will be trailered, so no street at all.

My BG 323 is down to around 2100lbs. That's basically a full interior car (non-reclining racing seats on aluminum mounts, no stereo, retractable stock belts removed for harnesses) and a bunch of stuff done to save a pund where I can like replacing the shifter linkage with an aluminum piece and running a 5.5" twin disk clutch. I kept power steering and need to run about 1/2 a tank of gas to prevent starving. 1800lbs should be easily achievable if you replaced the glass with lexan and basically only leave the essentials. You might have to get really anal about things though, like running a half-radiator and removing the bumper supports. Toss the stock gas tank and run a 1 or 2 gallon cell. Swap to 6" tall coilover springs...the longer the spring the more they weigh. I lost a pound off my oil pan by grinding off the cooling fins, you could loose over a pound per brake rotor if you wanted. Give me no rules, a grinder, drill press, and about 2 months and I could probably get one well below 1800lbs.

Comment

i need to visit ideas to lose some weight in my 323. but still maintain creature comforts....
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

swiss cheese that bitch.

Comment

Working...
                            X