• Show
Clear All

installed the TPS

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hips710 View Post
      installed the TPS

Yep. Got the 4 wire TPS and throttle body on. Also put the OEM downpipe on.

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk
      ClubProtege

Comment

Cool good luck brother

Comment

When you crank your engine

Comment

I took the wheel off and checked the timing again. Cylinder 1 at TDC, crank at T, Intake on I and Exhaust on E.

Taking her to the doctor tomorrow cus I give up.

ClubProtege

Comment

Check to be sure the harmonic balancer has not slipped around. It sounds like you are timing tdc from the mark on the pulley. Frequently that mark is off due to the old rubber giving way. Personally I always time the motor to tdc with that pulley off or use the crank gear pin that sticks through...I time the motor with the light there as well..just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                Check to be sure the harmonic balancer has not slipped around. It sounds like you are timing tdc from the mark on the pulley. Frequently that mark is off due to the old rubber giving way. Personally I always time the motor to tdc with that pulley off or use the crank gear pin that sticks through...I time the motor with the light there as well..just a thought.
                Harmonic balancer - you're referring to the crankshaft pulley?
                What rubber are you referring to? I don't remember any rubber.

How would it slip when it has the pin through it from the pulley boss?

Pardon my noob.

ClubProtege

Comment

Isn't there a rubber insert in your crank damper? The rubber can slip inside of the damper. What I am saying then is when you have the crank pulley lined up with the "T", is the pin in the center of the pulley on the top pointing straight up? That pin coincides with the arrow on the water pump. If not the damper has slipped. I have seen this happen. Just wondering.

Comment

This could be a breakthrough! I'm exited to hear what happens next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It may have slipped, but something more than just the crank mark is off.

I installed a FS 2.0L 110amp alternator.
                      Alternator pulleys suck when you don't have an impact. The B terminal is larger than the stock ring terminal. The top tension bolt is larger in diameter than the stock bolt. I gotta figure out what size it is. Everything else fit perfect.

I think my real problem may be that I haven't installed my egt foglight switch or clubprotege decal. I took it by a shop this morning and they told me to come back Monday when their most knowledgeable mechanic will be back. He thinks the belt is off a tooth, but I'm tired of messing with the timing belt.

ClubProtege

Comment

I was going to paint these miata wheels that came with the car until I noticed while cleaning them that one of them is bent pretty bad. I have a friend that knows a guy that said he'd fix them and paint them for $50/wheel, so I may just do that. I bought a standard silver paint. I don't think any other color would look right. Here's the miata wheel in front of the steelie.

I decided to go ahead and complete my gauge wiring and get it soldered and out of the floorboard. I'm going to put them in the cupholder spot for now.

And here's an OEM exhaust picture for all the folks that have to put their cars away for winter... [emoji1]

ClubProtege

Comment

no rust............. sigh im going to go cry now
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Put in the egt foglight switch to sit there and glow. I'd love some fog lights, but I want them to look good (foglight grille good) and not cheap.

Finished soldering up the gauge wiring and got it tucked behind the console. I couldn't for the life of me remember how the two side panels hooked in, but I think they're in there.

Going to the doctor tomorrow

ClubProtege

Comment

man those are green!
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                                man those are green!
                                What color are they supposed to be?
                                This is the switch you sent me 10 years ago FYI

ClubProtege

Comment

Working...
                                X