93 lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93protege1.8 View Post
    I'm curious if you kept track of your fuel economy before turbocharging your car? if so what did you get? when I boosted my BP my economy didn't change much. I did a lot of free way but also a lot of time in boost. still got around 30-32 MPG. Looks really nice good build.
    I didn't. I only drove it maybe two tanks worth of gas before I had it up on ramps. Fuel economy was and is the least of my worries!
    ClubProtege

Comment

So my plan is to drive my baby to work tomorrow! I really need a new dashpot, though, as returning to idle almost kills the engine every time (did it before the turbo as well). It'll be an experience getting to work! Everything seems to be functioning, but it's all gone too smoothly.

I wired in my wideband. It was idling at 11. I adjusted my A-code AFM and it sits at 14 at idle. I haven't gotten a chance to drive it to see how it changes.
      Got the boost gauge installed as well. Haven't gotten to see it do its thing yet! I'm excited about seeing what's going on under there while I'm driving.
      I have a paranoia that the turbo isn't getting coolant or oil. Like I said, everything has gone too smooth.

Oh look! My protege came with two gauge holders!
      ClubProtege

Comment

why two mtx-l's???
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
          why two mtx-l's???
          Right one is boost/tach... Left is AFR

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk
          ClubProtege

Comment

Biggest disappointment ever. Everything was running fine last night, go out this morning and she won't crank. It's turning over, but isn't getting fuel. I'm sure it's probably the AFM, but I don't know what would have changed overnight. This sucks.

I separated the wheel from the fuel pump contact and the fuel pump doesn't prime like it has been. Then I broke that contact off. [emoji35] I'm assuming I need to richen the wheel to open it up a bit? Blargh. I gotta wait till I get home to try to fix it.
            Last edited by Dixie94Pro; 09-04-2015, 07:19 AM.
            ClubProtege

Comment

I knew it was too good to be true. I can't figure out what the heck happened.
              ClubProtege

Comment

It's cranking but not starting. Fuel pump is running. Have spark. Have crank. No start.

Last edited by Dixie94Pro; 09-04-2015, 06:54 PM.
                ClubProtege

Comment

Tried to get a code with the bp10 ecu, but nope. Ordered another vaf. I'm stumped.

ClubProtege

Comment

the engine would not start by vaf

Enviado desde mi GT-S5830M usando Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by mazda323bp View Post
                      the engine would not start by vaf

The vaf worked great, and may still, but it's the only thing I had really messed with. I don't think it's giving me the right voltage out. I need to plug up my U code and compare the voltages at each terminal. I believe the terminal that should be at 3.8V was 15mV.

The only other thing that changed was adding a vacuum tee and installing the boost gauge.

I'm afraid it's something simple that I'm overlooking. It's frustrating.

ClubProtege

Comment

Measured the vaf voltages with my u code and they all seem fine.

ClubProtege

Comment

and the ECU is sending sen to injectors

Comment

if you have spark and the fuel pump works I could not be this by injecting fuel

Comment

You can be what you do not send the signal injectors of the ecu

Comment

Originally posted by mazda323bp View Post
                                You can be what you do not send the signal injectors of the ecu

When I pulled the plugs, they were wet with fuel.

Replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter, and fuel in hopes of fouled plugs and old fuel. Still no go.

My Mercedes mechanic friend came by and he's as clueless as I am.

It's not getting something (air, fuel, spark), obviously. [emoji43] [emoji379] [emoji378] [emoji592]

ClubProtege

Comment

Working...
                                X