Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackstand Racer Needing slicks and tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the sensor from??
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
      whats the sensor from??
      I think it was a 2003 protégé Lx. Rear drum car.

Comment

Alright so more shady and not so bolt on affaires. Plz do this at your own risk just like anything custom or modified things can go wrong so dont do this to anyones car except your own.
        As I tried to remove the bolts that hold the backplate it broke and gave me the idea to use this exact hole as sensor placement. This is where I'm at so far.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Itd be a much better idea to use an abs spindle. But this will do. I highly doubt I'll lose my brake on this wheel but it is a risk I am willing to live with.

Comment

that'll most definitely work!
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Sadly I didn't bring my multimeter to the yard... This one is dead. Why am I not surprised...

Comment

There we go hardware section of traction control installed. Waiting on a piece for the front vss sensor and well be good for trial.
                So that I don't forget - 64teeth per rev.

Comment

what are you using for the front VSS?

Comment

It's called a terratip probe. Adapts to the stock vss gear and creates a square wave. I lost my vss gear and the small adapter 2 weeks ago. I didn't attach my cable...it blew out. I got the vss back in but not it's little shaft adapter thingy. I'll show you when I reinstall it.

Comment

Found a pic of the sensor itself.
                      The cable attaches over the sensor. I'm missing the fork that links their motion together.

Comment

thats ****in fancy!! i want one. where can I source one?

Comment

Last I heard that model is discontinued but u can try googling terratip probe. It works for most older Japanese cars and German cars. It's made by a company that caters to rally competitors.

Back in the day there was a size standard for speedo gear sleeves. Hurray for global standards!

Comment

Alright I get to keep my car in the garage for a week or so. I got things to address and I'm so excited. I signal tested the wheel speed set up and it works. Here's a list of what need attention, maybe I'll stop throwing myself everywhere at once if I make list.

-Intercooler needs brackets.
                            -water pump needs brackets
                            -left engine mount is flabby. Plz make custom poly solution.
                            - battery needs a proper tray over engine mount.
                            - swap suspension top plates for the new ones hanging around somewhere.
                            -weld front rad support middle brace. Aluminum threads suck.
                            - make fork for vss if it doesn't get here before I finish this list.

Let's do it!

Comment

subbin for the weekend progress

Comment

Alright. Brackets for intercooler is done. Im not sure how I want the engine mount to be. I worked so hard to make the engine sit straight I'm scared to **** it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X