Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackstand Racer Needing slicks and tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My girlfriend has a few pics. I'll see if she can email them to me.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Aha! I found out why so many misfires and ecu disconnects from PC with engine running. I forgot to reground my coil pack when reinstalling the valve cover! Hopefully there's more track days left. I want rip it a new one.

On another note. Here is my current project.

Installed and tested a bit tonight. With .008" clearance at the moment it's working great. More testing to be done before I make the 11 others. Need I say. Its tit-ane-ee-yum.

Comment

where did you source out such bolts in titanium. and also..... FLIPPIN COOL! thats one way to convert to solid lifters.
        Were you having cavitation in the OEM lifters? or are you running more lift then they can normally support? bring me up to speed please
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I had left over exhaust manifold studs. Also have a few soft hlas. It shaves a few grams off the tips. The less weight, the better. Putting in some dual springs tonight. Supposed to be able to rev close to 7k without head issues. We'll see.

Comment

Great thread, amazing to read and really teaches you about lots of theory. Keep up the good work.
            1991 Protege LX 5MT, P/S, A/C, NOW Sun Roof!

Comment

I think the only good thing to learn in this thread is plan stuff better then this guy or it will cost you an extra arm in end.

Comment

1 cylindre left to. Getting tired. My compressor is trash.

Comment

honest question... is this kind of a test subject pre-bottom end build??
                  what dual springs are you using? has anyone else done the solid lifter system like you? i'm not in touch with the F2's much
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I know there's like 1 guy that did some solid lifters in mx6.com. that's pretty much it that I know of. He's also pushing over 500whp. He made his own set from God knows what parts.

I've had these springs tucked away since before last Christmas. Some australian manufacturer. They sometimes come up on eBay as 'performance springs'. Many other mx6 members have used them with success. I've measured the oem springs to be in the 45-50 lbs at installed height. These ones are about 80lbs at install height. When boosting hard and wanting to rev higher u need them to avoid the valves not returning to seat fully as there's lots of pressure in the manifold. Can cause burnt valves and loss of performance. My head has already been port matched and unshrouded on flow bench years ago. I used to own 2 mx6s. Don't think I would have gone with this swap if i didn't already have these parts.

Comment

Oh and springs were going in either way. The hla delete also. It's just the next move. The f2t comes alive with a large turbo. You don't absolutely need a cam when u can just up the pressure. Well...it's a balance of sorts.

Comment

Oh my. I just noticed quite the scratches on the cam bearing surfaces from the photo. I'll have to look into that.

Comment

the image flash i think makes it look worse. I put an angled recess into the top of my cam journals as a "pocket" for oil [its common practice OEM in alot of older toyotas] **if you do that just don't follow it past the limits of where the camshaft wears (stay within 2-3mm from the edge)

Comment

I'll give it a look next time I take the valve cover off, which is like every week now. Note on the solid lash adjusters. If any
                            thing breaks it will da JNmage whatever is left if this engine which is why I want to do it now and now further down the line when I have a fresh bottom.

Comment

Number 2. Takes about 3hrs to make one. Only 10 to go!

Last edited by wknd326; 10-23-2016, 05:03 PM. Reason: Pics

Comment

whats the most time consuming portion of it? arent' you just pulling the HLA & tapping it?

Comment

Working...
                                X