Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackstand Racer Needing slicks and tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fitment looks great! i'll have to compare my LCAS to how your motor sits.
    btw what you read on MX6.com is a load of **** You do need to modify the FE3 oil drains & convert some AN lines into the drain but at that rate you can make it more effcient than the OE design (who the hell doesn't put oil drains in the front of the motor anywhere. )
    the only real issue that hasn't been tackled to the best of my knowledge is the timing belt.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

There is a thread I somehow fell onto last night that said 7mgte belt should do it and that all you need is to block (fab aluminum blockers and weld) the 2 returns that don't match up and then either tap for drains. Way more feasible then I thought actually.

Got more done today. Not easy though. So tight in there as i'm trying to keep the bumper stock. so far this is what I got. hold true to the red prototype design so far.
      Sry the last pic is blurry but I think you get the picture.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160626_175748424_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	1242269

Name:	IMG_20160626_175748424_HDR.jpg
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	1242269

Name:	IMG_20160626_183848884_HDR.jpg
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	1242270
      Last edited by wknd326; 06-26-2016, 07:54 PM. Reason: pics

Comment

confused why the front cooler is now shifted left of the previous pictures??
        and if you happen upon that thread again id love if you could share the link with me
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

front cooler doesn't fit in back of the turbo charger. Had to shift it right side. I hate it because its so much less symmetrical but it works.
          Here is the link to the thread showing some of the differences in f2t and fe3 and one option for oil return holes.

the pics are hard to find so I loaded them for you.

Name:	P1000027.jpg
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	1242271

Name:	P1000026.jpg
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	1242272front cooler doesn't fit in back of the turbo charger. Had to shift it right side. I hate it because its so much less symmetrical but it works.
          Here is the link to the thread showing some of the differences in f2t and fe3 and one option for oil return holes.

the pics are hard to find so I loaded them for you.
          Last edited by wknd326; 06-26-2016, 11:58 PM.

Comment

i wish the other pictures loaded/weren't dead links- shrug what can be expected after 5 years.
            i cant' understand how he used the standard belt tho- thats beyond me. I remember mine even in stock form being one SOB to get set just right, and not much of any slack (as it should be)

Comment

Just because he said it fit doesn't mean that it did. Theres lots of little details that people leave out in forums. Best bet is to look into a gates catalog for specs or call them to see if they can help.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahh I'm torn between this set up or the last set. This one has the cooler on center but intercooler tanks need to change. Battery would go front left. A bit less pipes too. Other exchanger would go in rear bumper. Mmm I'll sleep on it.

Comment

I made up my mind and the verdict is ...

Comment

Almost done. Gotta clean up all that flux core welding trash and give it some paint.

Comment

i like how you mounted the system to the tow hook points

Comment

Most solid place I can think of that I can get to easily. Front is a bolt on affaire now.

Comment

Alright I think that's it for the front. Maybe 1 hole for the lower left hose and it paint time.

Comment

that is a very nice setup. props!

Comment

I FOUND A MANUAL STEERING RACK! YAY FOR BOLT ONS! I had to drive about 3hrs total but I found one! My other rack was an 88 and as you can see there are some minor albeit painful differences, pinion length, pinion diameter , rack overall length and mounting points. I didn't want to jimmy this because safety kind of matters. I'm starting to like working with bolt ons. I might buy a Honda some day. .... yeh right.Click image for larger version

Name:	88vs91rack.jpg
Size:	380.2 KB
ID:	1242345

Name:	88vs91rackpinion.jpg
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	1242346

Comment

What is the rack out of?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk