No announcement yet.

JDM Familia Interplay BG5P Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had to re-google chassis collars. neat concept for sure.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
      i had to re-google chassis collars. neat concept for sure.
      Agreed,but so expensive,...
      I suppose cars are jigged in place or whatever when put together in factory so centre'ing the main bolts isn't an issue,...but there's defiantly a little wiggle room as is.
      Anyway,...

Comment

Have all the new front bits blasted,double primed,....
        And 2 main components inc the subframe painted and cooked,...
        No point showing the cooking process again,...suffice to say,it's not coming off in a hurry

Have the rest goin through painting in different stages all looking good and almost ready to bolt in.,...will make a real difference to engine bay morale just cos of the General grimey feel in there,...
        Attached Files

Comment

Engine bay is almost completely rust free tho,.and pics here of the mounts for the subframe and tunnel area which is pretty perfect,you can see the start of the "restored" rear end there,and the last pic is the kind of thing il tidy up,I think 4-5 places here where the factory underseal scrapped off and the chassis legs have some decent surface rust,...very minor.
          Attached Files

Comment

The front panel is a different story rust wise,don't have a good pic of it but there's plenty of surface there and it will take a good bit of work to do properly I suppose,...but it's underway.
            After a few comical japes about painting a lot of the rear bolts myself,lol,...
            the most of the subframe nuts n bolts,suspension,and engine mount bolts are going to be zinc coated,..and I have a good set of new engine mounts there,I'm gonna get a upgraded rear mount tho,1 of them semi solid ones I seen there on the net.
            But any suggestions on this welcome.
            Attached Files

Comment

As well as getting the car itself ready to paint and doing the underbody chassis bits,...I've been stocking up on the bits needed to put it all back together,...
              I did say I got the black saloon ages ago for its newish bits n bobs,but I just got everything new to make everything that little bit sexier
              Attached Files

Comment

mmm parts@!
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

And of course I'm always wasting money on cooler or cleaner parts for the good madzee,...that doesn't really help but sure I can't resist

Here's a set of the OEM familia infini koito front corners I got,and a set of koito big type front lights in glass to replace the plastic and orange front lights I showed ages ago,....and a pic of my new front light set beside those much sought after tyc headlights with their corners also.

And a pic of the infinis beside the standard orange corners,..
                  To be honest,I kinda like the orange better,but that may change when they're actually on.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I hate to make people jealous,but after spending time repairing my familia mats,I found a brand new set,complete with infamous buttons,of course since they're new,....

Few pics there,..
                    My old mats were maybe 80-90% condition,...few threads lose,tiny balding patch,no button,dodgy F,....but I fixed them up and sold them.

Rare pic there of 2 full good eats together.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Bolts and washers and bits n bobs are all done and ready,so A lot of crappy pics of tidying otw.
                      But before that here's,some more pics of gravy for the car,..
                      when it's time to fit all these il ad some more pics,but some of these pretty rare,.....
                      First pics are a set of NOS optional Mazda speakers,available for for 323-626-rx7...1992 stock so period correct.
                      have shown these to people and they have never seen or heard of them,but they're defo legit,.."super ultra rare" and those covers with the Mazda badges are just cool,....anyone?

Other bits not so super rare,....but still,not just findable overnight,...as they have taken me a while to locate.
                      OEM rear strut bar,..to match the front I have.
                      I've heard these were infini only item,but like the momo's I've also heard you could request them from the factory for any familia in Japan,...
                      Hard to know really but there if is,...will spray it to match the front one,

Then the spring loaded bumper pole,...I've seen these on familias from Japan years ago,that clearly looked factory fitted,and rubbery ones that didn't,....and these ones bolt to the car with a wee bracket that looks OEM,but considering the button activated bumper pole was a facTory thing too,....I'm not 100% sure.
                      Anyone clarify ??

Also there are a full undamaged set of OEM window visors for sedan,always hard to locate in any kind of complete condition ,these are not 100% perfect,..?maybe 95%,....but really I'm happy to have these in any kind of decent condition,...clips there with them so shouldn't be too hard to get them on good👍🏻

And last,a complete kit of the gtr bonnet vents,.....haven't fully commited to putting these on the big type front bonnet,some cutting and pasting will be necessary,and of course,....these were never an option,..and the 1.5 probably doesn't need much extra cooling.
                      But I'd like to do it to see how it looks tbh....
                      Might commit if I get another decent big front bonnet that I can keep standard incase the just look silly
                      Attached Files

Comment

intact rain guards are hard to find! impressive lot sir!

Comment

Button operated bumper poles??
                          what did these things do?
                          91 GT- Li'l Bee (under construction)
                          2013 Honda Accord V6 coupe - 14.7 sec. 1/4 mile

New Thread:
                          Wilyb's 91 Pro GT Rebuild: Li'l B: http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...Rebuild-Li-l-B

Old Threads:

WilyB's 93 GT rebuild worklog : http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...-93-GT-rebuild
                          My FE3 worklog thread:http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...ighlight=wilyb

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                            intact rain guards are hard to find! impressive lot sir!
                            Indeed they are,.they took a while to find.

And ya,super happy with those original bits,a couple more to show.
                            I'm nearly out of things to want now,...wouldn't mind the bin tho still,even tho it's a completely stupid thing to want.

A boot storage bin was for sale in Japan a few weeks ago,but it was for a hatchback and was missing the lid.
                            I would've snapped it up if it was for a saloon even without the lid

Pic of the famous bin there,...these were actually pretty popular from the factory and a lot of jdm cars have some small holes drilled there that people wonder about,..but those holes are from the screws that hold the bracket that holds the bin.

I have the bracket,...but bin eludes me still.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Scrummatron; 09-22-2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilyb View Post
                              Button operated bumper poles??
                              what did these things do?
                              Parking poles they call them too,pretty naff stuff,....it's all about the sensors these days,but even with them,,.some people just can't park.

The switch goes there to extend or retract the pole,lol....comes out of bumper like in the pics so u can see where the front corner is.

Think the one I got is the "options and accessories" version,..but don't have that catalogue.
                              Someone might chime in with pics of it some day on here.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Pic there of the bolts from the "zincers",...
                                All bolts for refitting the subframe,cradle,suspension,hubs and engine mounts,...
                                Well maybe 90% of them.....,and they're ultra sexy.

I said ages ago I'm gonna try fit the factory abs system from mz whatever,(bit crazy maybe)..and I have most bolts and big washers from the back of another car,to swap my "painted bolts" eventually,..
                                ..so il defo be sending the whole rear end bolt set off to the same guy when doing the rear brake swap.

Eventually.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X