No announcement yet.

JDM Familia Interplay BG5P Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to remove the lines under the car and the couple of heat shields I showed earlier to get a good clean under seal application but I’ve all the wee brackets off for zincing,...and cars not gonna run without an engine so don’t need them right now,...

But car is sitting happily in the shed,with minimal/no deterioration to the work I’ve done already so just gotta sit tight til cash is available for the spray,..inc under bonnet,inside boot and under car.
    Attached Files

Comment

The color & pattern of the interior on the red sedan is beautiful. Don't recall seeing it before. Keep it going.
      Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Comment

Never ideal to draw attention to rear drums vs disk rotors. Maybe you can keep those painted black. Just a thought.
        Tricks get applause... Style gets respect.

Comment

It is pretty snazzy,.....it’s common enough here,and a low spec,but if I was a bit more flamboyant I’d defo consider it.
          It looks better up close than in pics too.

Comment

Lol,.....
            I used to laugh at painted drums years ago ......
            .....and still do when I see them

I’ve changed plans a little at the back,I will elaborate in the coming days.

Comment

Eventually the car was picked up,....I think at the end of October.
              Though it looks like summer in the pics.

It does look a bit sorry looking there,but hopefully when it comes back it will be something special,....or at least last another 25 years til I croak.
              Everything is inside,fenders,skirts,spoiler,petrol cap,light trims,mirrors etc.

After all the hoo-haa with an original engine and brakes etc,...I have altered the plan,.....a bit.
              will elaborate in the next few days as I’ve a fair bit to catch up on.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Scrummatron; 01-22-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Can’t remember exactly where exactly I was,...but the car is gone for painting.
                But the guy “got tenure”,..lol....
                and the painting has been put off a couple of times,now looking like the end of summer.
                with the spooky virus around,and “working from home” now cool,...hopefully will be done in next couple of months and I can move onto the put back together piece of the build.

Lots more bits n bobs came back from the zincers,...and the powder coated heatshield looks real good.
                So I’m gonna send the other 3/4 for the same treatment.
                Attached Files

Comment

I had to stop naming and numbering the cars,...just cos I started buying a “lot” of them,..so won’t be doing that anymore,.....pheeew.

But the ranch has plenty of occupants still,with some coming and going since last year without even a mention here.

But as always,bg parts available from them all to anyone who needs them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Slight camera upgrade can be seen also .lol...

Anyone who is on Facebook or Instagram,and following along here,can like or follow both pages if they want to keep more track of the cars I get or parts from them instead of gumming up this thread with them.

Mazda BG Parts Ireland - Facebook
                    Mazda_bg_parts_ireland - Instagram

Still not 100% on the name,....but it’s functional,...
                    Will be plenty to see on there soon as I only started them,....to try to fit in with the young cool people
                    Attached Files

Comment

holy shiny parts tidbits! the new coatings look lovely
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Shiny parts look great! Nice ranch too.
                        1990 Protege 4WD
                        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by me109 View Post
                          Shiny parts look great! Nice ranch too.
                          Cheers����
                          Could do without the random mattress drops tbh.
                          Lol

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                            holy shiny parts tidbits! the new coatings look lovely
                            Funny story,....I’m not using most of them now,...sigh.

After lengthy consultation with several peers,I’m gonna be a sheep I think ��

Comment

Testing

Comment

So eventually the car was painted,….
                                the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X