No announcement yet.

JDM Familia Interplay BG5P Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates, nice! Missed seeing your updates here.

Comment

Well some updates are possible now that the car is back at least,…it took a few years cos ur man had a couple of heart attacks and everyone kinda lost their minds there for a while,but hopefully things are gonna settle down a bit.
      Car is back a while but and I’m waiting on more bits to arrive.
      and because it was taking so long I send the front subframe and all the re done bolts to another guy who was doing his car.

the paint turned out very well,and I eventually got the front and rear glass in,

The painter unfortunately broke both original screens when removing them for paint,the front had pretty bad scratches and could’ve done with being changed but it’s not possible to get these bronze glass screens new now,so I had to search around a bit and it was very difficult to find clean jdm glass that wasn’t delaminated,or scratched badly.
      Anyway,….eventually I did and they are in and I can relax a bit more.

i tried to order every single piece of trim new from mazda for the front and rear window garnishes but very little arrived and even those bits cost a fortune
      Last edited by Scrummatron; 01-25-2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Did I go tit right, you had heart attacks?
        Glad you are doing good now, man.

Comment

No sham my painter guy had all the heart attacks.
          He’s still twitching for now anyway but the past year has left a lot of people in a bad way tbh,….in every way possible.
          il just say no more about all that here.

Comment

So I don’t have as much time to spare as I used to for rambling on about nonsense and intricate details that 2-3 people would be interested in.
            but I’m gonna do it any way.
            lol.
            im gonna have to do it at a later date though so for now I’m just gonna upload the pics here and a quick description of what it is.
            il fill in my musings and method in future.

this was a conversion from jdm ac/heater vents to lhd/edm closing and opening dash vents.
            I sold my other “mint” dash to a needy buck,..
            but I had another 99.9% dash on standby.
            Attached Files

Comment

New ac/heater system fitted
              Attached Files

Comment

Fitted the restored pedal set
                Attached Files

Comment

Fitted the “one of a kind” non cracked Ariel surround .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Got almost everything I could either zinc coated or powder coated
                    Attached Files

Comment

Put everything back together with the new bolts and all that
                      Attached Files

Comment

I didn’t mention previously but I decided to go with the 1.8 BP engine.
                        Putting all these back together is very satisfying after all this time
                        Attached Files

Comment

And I eventually did end up getting the spoon chassis collars ,...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X