Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaned my TPS I might see a minor gain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaned my TPS I might see a minor gain.

I just cleaned my TPS man that had to be killing some power there was gunk all inside it Im pretty positve i should gain back some original power what do yall think? Also bout to change Injectors and fuel filter any suggestions where and who has the best ones. peace out
    Sandon Davis

Don't mess with the Sandman

I'm not sure cleaning your Throttle Position Sensor would have any advantage. I'm not sure if a TPS even needs to be cleaned.......

Comment

Throttle response might increase thats about it.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Protege
        Also bout to change Injectors and fuel filter any suggestions where and who has the best ones.
        I would personally go with the OEM replacements. (not unless you're turbo)
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
        -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

well it depends on if you have an auto or manual, if you have a manual it probally really wouldn't matter, because the manual tps only shows either closed throttle or full throttle, while the auto one shows the computer the actual postion of the throttle.

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

Yeah but something was a little better now that all that gunk and crap was cleaned. the air could probably pass more easily with all that crap cleaned. I dont know I was bored needed something to do.
            Sandon Davis

Comment

Yeah but something was a little better now that all that gunk and crap was cleaned. the air could probably pass more easily with all that crap cleaned. I dont know I was bored needed something to do.
              Are you referring to the throttle body?
              James G.
              sobe83@yahoo.com
              AIM: DVS 323BPT
              MySpace
              Cardomain
              <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

^^^^that sig is great!!!!!lol
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

yep you mean to tell me you never cleaned it before youd be surprised how much sh-t gets in there
                  Sandon Davis

Comment

yep you mean to tell me you never cleaned it before youd be surprised how much sh-t gets in there
                    No I'm not surprised at all, just the topic was cleaning the TPS.
                    James G.
                    sobe83@yahoo.com
                    AIM: DVS 323BPT
                    MySpace
                    Cardomain
                    <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Working...
                    X