Help! Need advice on cooling system!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Need advice on cooling system!

Ok, what happend was I was driving around yesterday when I notced steam coming out of my engine. When I looked at the temp guage it was reading the maximum "H" reading. I immediately pulled over and opened the hood to find out that a hose was leaking and shooting coolant all over the engine bay.

I don't know how long it was leaking but because of that my radiator was bone dry. Anyway, my question is, I don't know what the hell this hose is that broke.

Its a kinda of a "S" shaped hose that looks like it comes out of the waterpump area on the drivers side of the car, then goes behind the engine block, then goes straight in to the body/firewall on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Is this the heater hose?

Is it necessary? I live in Hawaii so we don't use heaters here, is it possible to just plug it or do I have to replace it?

I went to my local parts store yesterday, to get a replacement but they don't have the exact hose with all the exact bends. Instead they gave me a regular straight hose and send just bend it to fit and it should work. Is this really ok? Or should I go to Mazda and but the actual hose?

your advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Oh I have a 1st Gen 92' Protege
    Last edited by Hawaiiannights; 07-30-2004, 02:36 PM.

i had the EXACT same problem b4 but the shop here had a replacement hose for me....you might be able to just find some hose the thickness as that 1 and just bend it around to fit, and use some hose clamps on it not thos ****ty stockclip things....
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.