Clear All

Originally posted by SpoolinPro93
    Ok here is the list Jesse gave me:
    90-93 Protege pistons = 8.8:1
    94 Protege pistons = 9.0:1
    94-97 Miata Pistons = 9.0:1
    99-00 Miata pistons = 9.5:1
    01+ Miata pistons = 10.0:1

I'd be interested in the 99-00 pistons because of the little bit of an increase in compression ratio and possibility of finding aftermarket forged ones or something. My question: do these fit directly into the Protege?

jesus is wrong protege B8 is 8.9:1 and protege BP is 9.0:1 this is for 90-94
    eat me

Comment

You're wrong. The figures Jesse gave are in fact correct.

Comment

he didnt say Jesse, he said Jesus.

Maybe he is going off of what TheMan's faq says.....

I dunno.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
          oh I found a local dyno tuner that is really good with cars. he charges like 45 bux for 3 pulls.

I have already talked to him. He is going to help me tune once its all in and running.

I know ppl reccomend the starion IC but do you think that it will be large enough?

Ontop of that I will be runing a 3' exhaust pipe, I guess I should run the same for the IC piping. Anynoe know the diameter of the turbo?
          starion i sa good intercooler i wouldnt use it unless you ahve a larger then stock(gtx) turbo i had a bit of turbo lag with mine
          eat me

Comment

im going off the protege manaul
            eat me

Comment

I decided against it b/c of the ends not being bead rolled.
              For the time I plan to use the OEM GTX IC, and will probably upgrade to a DSM SMIC, or Probe/MX6 SMIC. I dont want to go on both sides b/c of having to go around the AC compressor issue.

Time shall tell as I am sure I will want more boost than the vj20 can offer.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobrussell
                im going off the protege manaul
                it's incorrect.

and some early 94 proteges and miatas had the 8.8:1 pistons.

By the way, this ALL for the BP motors, not the B8
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Miata 2002 Pistons

I have Miata 2002 pistons in my car. they read a 230 psi piston compression ratio. I installed cam gears to "compensate" for the piston clearance. I do not complain about the swap but I know the cylinder head needs performance camhshafts. The factory cams do no give justice to the Miata Pistons. I have had a lot of fun with the new setup and smokin many Mustangs and GSR;s... Lately with Power steering, srtock cran shaft pulley and air conditioner the car does a personal best of 15.80 @ 93 mph with two 10" sealed box and stereo system and 2 car seats.

And this was with almost bald Ziex 512, cant wait to install the Nitto drags 555R 14" with Del Sol rims in the front and see how it does 60 mph.

Comment

That is not the way to post if your intention is to sound educated.
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

LOL, he tried......

Comment

Originally posted by psiturbo
                        I have had a lot of fun with the new setup and smokin many Mustangs and GSR;s...

...the car does a personal best of 15.80 @ 93 mph with two 10" sealed box and stereo system and 2 car seats.
                        LOL. You smoke stangs and GSR with a high 15 sec car. no offense but come on d00d.... Look up Limpgtx's setup if you want to see a mazda that can smoke GSR's and stangs.

they either were not trying to race you and you punched it off the line or they missed every other gear when shifting.

Comment

I've beat every Mustang I've raced. All two of them. Once on the street, and once at the strip. It's EXTREMELY easy for a 5.0 to be out of tune and running like ****. Combine that with a crappy driver who doesn't know how to launch, and a win is easy....

Comment

correct...

however, by no means does that a Protege with some miata pistons is a faster car than a V8 mustang.
                            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

ok so if i were to build a turbo engine and i wanted to use a Modified BP head, 15 Psi from turbo. what kind of pistons should a use for best reliability but doesn't waste Hp? what size intercoller and piping should also be used ?

Comment

oem, big, 2.5"
                                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X