Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 Pro mods?

i got a 94 Pro DX sohc...

what is the best thing to do with my intake? what kind of cold air intake should i get? I know they don't have em out there for 94 pros but which is the easiest to convert with the results?

can anyone tell me how to remove the lower intake resonator?
    -AND-
    can anyone tell me if modifying the timing is worth the effort?
    Last edited by Dixie94Pro; 08-23-2004, 11:49 PM.
    ClubProtege

What i did with my intake was just kept the factory one in there and just took of the old filter, and filter housing and put in an after market cone filter and that gave me a pretty good boost. If u want an intake u can just make it and put it in yourself, theres a do it yourself on it at mazdaracer.com

Comment

the best upgrade you can do is get the DOHC engine. you can get em on ebay for 450bux or go to a junk yard and get 1 for prolly less everything is a straight swap and you can use your dx tranny clutch flywheel and axles...or if your up to spending money join the gtx group buy in my sig...
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

i put an ebay intake on mine, bought front and rear strut bars off ebay, plus right now ebay is selling a GTX turbo motor for $700 buy it now, with i think it has everything, youll need minor mods like different axles and tranny, but thats a way to go. Plenty of basic DOHC lx motors out there to buy also. interior wise u can get the MX3 seats and bunch of other stuff. I have a gold 94 DX myself. Was gunna adapt the 99+ MAzdaspeed exhaust to it, but just got another protege (2001) and puttin the exhaust on that one.
        Maroon 1995 Probe SE
        Beige 1994 Protege DX
        Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

my car started out as a DX also.....now the only thing that keeps it a dx is the badge on the fender and the sticker in the door jam.....
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.