No announcement yet.

Pacesetter Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want the exhaust to last take it by a place that does sandblasting and painting and have them blast it and paint it with some inorganic zinc, that will handle the heat, then have them put a thin coat of highheat finish on it then it should last for at least 10 years unless it rusts from the inside out, and as long as you don't scrape the zink off.

-peace
    David Page aka cablemirc is a sorry a$$ motherfunkin thief
    He owes me $800.00 for leather seats he never delivered.
    He doesn't even have enough honor to stay in touch.
    If anyone knows how to contact him please let me know. clubprotege [at] evanjhoush [dot] com

Comment

i had the pacesetter...the muffler is ok, sounds raspy...my cat dropped a brick, and it lodged in the muffler, so i got a new muffler..it sounds a bagillion times better and its less restrictive and has added some power

Comment

Pacesetter Sites?

cheapest online? The cheapest I've seen is from www.NOPI.com and http://www.spiderautomotive.com/19mazprot18l.html ||||| Are there any others?
        -=Protege 5=-
        HKS Exhaust
        INJEN Cold Air Intake
        Ground Kit
        Nokya Purple & MTEC Yellow
        DG Eyelids
        Sparkco
        Ground Controls

-[Protege 1993]-
        Ebay Intake
        Future Mod : Custom 2.25" Exhaust

Comment

Many Thanks

Fellas,

I really appreciate the help. Looks like I will do the Pacesetter. They don't salt the roads down here, and I like the idea of only doing this once. (The middle section will soon perforate as well.) Perhaps I will add an extra coat of heat- and rust-resistant paint before installation. I'll cross my fingers on the noise, although this engine rarely sees redline anymore. (It blows a good puff of oilsmoke if I wind it past 5k rpm where the short runners open up!) Hell my only mod so far is a chopped air box.

The best price is $159.95 at

has anyone shopped with these guys?

Cheers

Comment

NO Pacesetter

Well I've read enough at this point to NOT get it.

Comment

Working...
            X