GTX swap info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX swap info

i have a 93' 323 and it has only 100 horsepower....i herd that u can do a GTX swap. Can some 1 please tell me what i have to do to do a GTX swap, and what parts i need...Thanks for the help
    93' mazda 323 - stock 1.6L sohc, absolutely no mods

you need to clickhere
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Do a search, and do some reasearch on the forums for a few days. If you still have questions, come back and ask. There's entirely too much information already posted to start a new thread on it, but we'd be more than happy to help you with anything you can't figure out on your own.
      Current Cars
      2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
      1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
      1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
      1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

stock 323 has 82 at the flywheel. Not 100.

I posted for you to search earlier........ and even gave you some answers.

how quickly we forget....
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

who ever said it was stock?

Comment

I simply stated the 323 has 82 hp atf. not 100.

if you are looking for more power, and looking on swapping in another motor altogether (ie. the GTX) then your b6 is probably stock.

Why would you swap out a motor that you have moded already? You wouldn't. you would be looking at making the current motor faster.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

i know, thats why i asked if there is any aftermarket parts for it...!

Comment

dohhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by white lightning
                  who ever said it was stock?
                  According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    Why would you swap out a motor that you have moded already? You wouldn't. you would be looking at making the current motor faster.
                    Not necessarily.

Regardless...what does the fact that it has 88 hp versus 100 have to do with doing a GTX swap. No need to be nit picky.
                    Current Cars
                    2003 Nissan 350z. Touring Edition, Pike's Peak White and dark tint. Some audio work. Twin turbo swap and more audio work over the winter. Wheels and springs this winter.

Past Mazdas
                    1994 Mazda Protege DX. DOHC swap in progress. Sold due to a move
                    1992 Mazda Protege DX. BPT (GT-X) swap w. Haltech & MSD. Sold before it saw the road
                    1996 Ford Probe GT. Flawless. 5-speed. Kept stock. Sold for an LS1

Comment

Aftermarket stuff is usually hard to find if any. But ur better off doing a BP-T (GTX Motor)swap..or a KL-ZE (not sure what car)swap.

a BP-T swap is (imo) the easiest im not an ASE mechanic but i installed mine with my brother in no time...only sucky thing is the wiring..and even then the guys here at Clubprotege.com can help u do that. after the motor is in youll nedd to buy all the rest of the turbo crap i.e. intercooler.gauges..blah blah..

the KL-ZE swap is a bit more difficult...but your gonna have to do a search to figure that one out...

and go to www.corksport.com for a few aftermarket parts.

...i know theres been plenty of threads about this..but i guess i felt the need to help someone out on here the way i have been helped out throughout the years on protege forums

Comment

Working...
                      X