Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry's been involved with NHRA's ProStock (since the 60's), IMSA endurance racing (mostly 80's), some top speed bonneville stuff, and most recently, Honda drag engines. Again, why don't you actually goto his website and READ his stuff. He was a competorary of Smokey Yunick, and differs in his design philosophies, and you can read about that on his site.

He's also built at least one Mazda B series, but for Spec Miata, which doesn't say much with how rampant cheating is there.

But the 100 lb-ft/L is nonsense. Hell, Mazda F2T's are routinely EASILY surpassing those numbers. Here's "probe this' " dyno. 2.2L engine, 200+ lb-ft/L

link to thread: http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...light=f2t+dyno
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Dude, 100lb-ft/L NATURALLY ASPIRATED.

Comment

"FI engines make 250-300lb-ft(depending on manufacturer), or anywhere from 83-100lb-ft/litre, but they run upwards of 17:1 CR. "

did you mean F1? Because you wrote FI, which I'd take to mean Forced Induction.

If you're talking about F1, I think that's about the silliest comment yet in this thread. F1 engine builders are not at all interested in what kind of torque they can make in the low rpm range. Their entire goal is to make it crazy fast between ~12-19k rpm. Below that, they'll never see during a race, so there's no reason. It's like a bike motor, another thing that the article went on about... those are also purpose built high revving engines. They also use VERY CLOSE ration sequential trannies. Totally different needs for the engines in question.
        Last edited by JesseSays; 10-26-2004, 10:19 AM.
        -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Are you trying to tell me ANY race engine is built for torque? When you increase the volumetric efficiency of any engine, torque increases, and as a result, so does horsepower. Any of the engines they mentioned with close to 90lb-ft per litre were probably big V8s with short rod ratios, and long strokes, with with awesome VE.

Say what you want, I won't believe the numbers they claim with that engine until I see video of it on the dyno. Too many things don't fit, and the arguements you're making don't help at all.

Comment

All I'm saying is that an F1 or Racebike motor is purposefully designed for power at silly high RPM, where it's INCREDIBLY hard to make high torque numbers, due to the time restrictions.

And without reading any of Larry's stuff, you've come to the conclusion, like you know more than him. And I think that's both close minded and dumb. You could stand to learn something.
            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
              All I'm saying is that an F1 or Racebike motor is purposefully designed for power at silly high RPM, where it's INCREDIBLY hard to make high torque numbers, due to the time restrictions.

And without reading any of Larry's stuff, you've come to the conclusion, like you know more than him. And I think that's both close minded and dumb. You could stand to learn something.
              Frankly, I just sick of listening to you. You bore me. I've learned nothing from you, and care not one bit what you have to say. If you could avoid any thread that I start or am involved in, that would be perfect.

Comment

god damn someone delete this **** please

Comment

how about we just close it?

now that Gen1GT has admitted to being close minded and arogant beyond reason, we can all move on.
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                  X