The reason for my low compression in #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason for my low compression in #4

A nice lil hole in my exhaust valve...new valve job in progress... next on to the Rings! new high proformance clutch done!!! 8 7/8 disk. Whoo Hoo!
    Attached Files
    '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
    Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

glad to see you found the problem! get a P&P done wile you have the head riped down! zoom zoom baby
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
      glad to see you found the problem! get a P&P done wile you have the head riped down! zoom zoom baby
      I was planning on doing a P&P but now I'm not so sure, there's alot to be werked if I start that! How much HP gain could one expect by Port an polishin a BP?
      '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
      Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

little if any on a bp.. possibly a little, but the cost out weighs the benefit

Comment

yeah I decided not to P&P my mani, to much werk an time to do! Had a set back to...When I took the head off and inspected the pistons there was the number 20 stamped onto the top, I assumed this to mean that my motor had a .20 overbore so that is the ring size I ordered...wrong!!! turns out I need the standard bore rings. so WTF is 20 doing stamped on my pistons???
          now that puts me back a day, maybe two. soo ****ty! can't wait to get er back on the road

sigpic

Comment

If you haven't done it already, make sure you replace the valve seals while you're at it.
            -------------------------
            '91 LX
            '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
            -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
            well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
              If you haven't done it already, make sure you replace the valve seals while you're at it.
              fer sure dude, already done! I got an awsome gasket set that included "everything" for the top end...even a new one for the header/downpipe. So once its all back togather the top end should be like new! and later on if I need to do the bottom end I think you can just go in from the oil pan???

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X