no0b questions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schrcrzycrl
    or you could go with the fe3 motor which came from the mx6 or the kia which make like 170hp and is pretty easy to do just another option
    like how easy to do? cost wise and time wise?

i never heard of this swap,

im just trying to get all the info i can about all my otions befor i go out and search for the motor for the swap
    "im not a mechanak, but i can "WING IT"

"no i cant spell"

ill add some pics soon

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
      the bpt is a 4cyl.. there is a gtx bpt wich i believe is 180hpish, then there is the godly gtr bpt wich is 210 hp, u can pick up a gtx front clip of ebay wich will have everything u need for the install for about 2400 shipped, throug raceup.com everyonce and a while u will see them put up a gtr.., and they go for 2900 shipped i think... ( or u can get lucky like adam.,(boostedpro)) and buy a gtx and have a gtr shipped 2 u lol, .. when u speak of hte v6 u are most likely talking about the klze, wich is the JDM mx6/mx3/probe Gt engine. wich is rated at about 200hp, for that swap u will need the suspension and the subframe i believe from a v6 mx3... , all of those options are pretty badass tho,

what are the actual difrences between the 2 motors? thats a big difrence inthe 2 motors. i so wish i knew a website where i could find out all this info

"no i cant spell"

ill add some pics soon

Comment

Originally posted by tempunlimited
        like how easy to do? cost wise and time wise?

i never heard of this swap,

im just trying to get all the info i can about all my otions befor i go out and search for the motor for the swap
        well it is a 2.0 liter motor that came in the kia and the australian mx6 it is the same as the 1.8 just bigger the motor mounts are almost in the same spot but it is a hard motor to find so i think your best option is to do the bp dohc swap direct bolt in
        sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

Comment

Originally posted by schrcrzycrl
          well it is a 2.0 liter motor that came in the kia and the australian mx6 it is the same as the 1.8 just bigger the motor mounts are almost in the same spot but it is a hard motor to find so i think your best option is to do the bp dohc swap direct bolt in
          lets say i do the BP dohc swap, is the BP dohc the same block as the BPT ?

is it a good motor to turbo?

"no i cant spell"

ill add some pics soon

Comment

look at the articles on there for info on the B-series and K-series (v6) engines.

keep searching & researching and you'll find all the info you need.

Only thing you might find difficult to get an answer about is how to wire the BPT engine properly....seems no one has yet to post a decent article about this and everyone's wiring varies quite a bit from one another.
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

an FE3 would be a horrible pain in the ass to figure out how to put into a 1st gen protege.

Bad option....hardly any of the 3rd gen guys (who's cars have F-series engines from the factorY) have done this swap. i'm not sure if the difficulties involved, but apparently clearances, wiring are the main problems with retrofitting this engine (seeing how its a completely different engine family).
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                an FE3 would be a horrible pain in the ass to figure out how to put into a 1st gen protege.

Bad option....hardly any of the 3rd gen guys (who's cars have F-series engines from the factorY) have done this swap. i'm not sure if the difficulties involved, but apparently clearances, wiring are the main problems with retrofitting this engine (seeing how its a completely different engine family).

i surfed around but didnt find any info on if the BPT is just a BP block with turbo..

anyone know ?

"no i cant spell"

ill add some pics soon

Comment

Working...
                X