X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget the BPT look what I found

KFZE 2.0L V6 (Mazda)

Your swap includes the following parts
    • Motor • Complete Intake Manifold • Transmission • Power Steering Pump • Engine Wiring Harness • Alternator • All required Cables • A/C • ECU • All Brackets and Sensors • Distributor

PRICE : 500 USD$

and I found a guy selling a 1992 MX3 V6 with a defctive transmission for 1000 CND$ negotiable.

Ok I know I need the crossmembers and the axles from the GS and I guess I will use the CPU from the JDM unit , but what else should I take from the GS

thanks

Also I would like to know how much should I expect for instalation?

Comment

you don't want the 1.8l V6 from the MX3, it's a waste of a V6. And you'll probably want the 2.5L V6 over the 2.0.

just a guess, but expect ~$1000 for install

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
        you don't want the 1.8l V6 from the MX3, it's a waste of a V6. And you'll probably want the 2.5L V6 over the 2.0.

just a guess, but expect ~$1000 for install
        He said he's getting the KFZE, he just wants the MX3 for a parts car... tranny/axles/crossmember... etc.
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

The KF-ZE is crap too.

One of the guys in the MX-3 Owners Club of Atlanta here installed one and it is slow.

he was putting donw 118 HP or so.

For the $$-- just get the KL-ZE.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantamx3
            The KF-ZE is crap too.

One of the guys in the MX-3 Owners Club of Atlanta here installed one and it is slow.

he was putting donw 118 HP or so.

For the $$-- just get the KL-ZE.
            Was he running his stock ECU?
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

He must be..cuz there rated at 180hp...

id say go for it, a friend of mine has one in his mx-3 and its very very quick....when it was NA

And it went right in with no problems...very very easy

Comment

No, he was using the KF -ZE ECU

And-- I have to correct you JITB-- there were two versions of the KF-ZE-- one rated at 165, and the other @ 170.

There was in in-depth discussion on it on the MX-3.com UBB a while back...

Comment

theres a guy on this board with the v6 in his protege. to bad i can't rememebr who

Comment

Here is the link to that discussion.

Honestly the KL-ZE isnt that much more expensive for 30 more horsepower... its worth it just to get that and be done with it.

Also, .5L more displacement and more aftermaket support makes the KL a much more common-sense swap.

Comment

BTW-- they guy with the screen name Urbastyle55 is the one that ****ed me over with my engine.

And, the guy with the screen name Mnemonic is the guy we swapped the KF into here in the MX-3 Club of Atlanta
                      Last edited by atlantamx3; 11-03-2004, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Don't mess with Perry he knows his stuff well i think so...

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Originally posted by atlantamx3

Honestly the KL-ZE isnt that much more expensive for 30 more horsepower... its worth it just to get that and be done with it.
                          How do you figure that? $500 for the KF motor, tranny, ECU. The cheapest i'd found the KL-ZE was for $850 IIRC on a group buy deal. When I was looking into the swap it was gonna cost me over $2,000 to do on the Protege. By far not cheaper than the KF. I don't see how a 160 hp motor is going to be slow and only put 118 down, i'm missing something here.

Comment

I don't doubt he knows what he talking about, I just don't think its cheaper for the price of $500.

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeaks
                              How do you figure that? $500 for the KF motor, tranny, ECU. The cheapest i'd found the KL-ZE was for $850 IIRC on a group buy deal. When I was looking into the swap it was gonna cost me over $2,000 to do on the Protege. By far not cheaper than the KF. I don't see how a 160 hp motor is going to be slow and only put 118 down, i'm missing something here.

500US that's $625 Canadian and the shop is local , on top of that the engines looks good and clean, the best I can get for the KLZE with the tranny and ECU is $1000USD or $1250 CND, Knowing that the KL are much more on demand i'm sure that the qulity of the KF is probably better there are more available in Japan, and I was told that the K series engine all use the same blocks and have interchangeble parts so that would mean i would still be good for aftermarket parts.
                              As for your friend putting only 118Hp did he dyno it? or is that speculation I know people with MX-3s and the 1.8 with i/h/e that are putting more than that at the wheels

Comment

Working...
                              X