intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intake manifold

As most of you guys know the Integra GSR and BP motor have dual chambers on their intake manifold. I was just wondering if any of you guys know a place where I can get a performance intake man. for my BP. My friends GSR gained 10 whp at the wheels just by replacing his stock to single and shorter intake chamber...better yet maybe someome knows a better intake manifold where you can just straight swap it on our BP. Thx!

How about a TURBO intake manifold from a GTX?

My friend custom built a racing intake for his BP. The car use to run very lean. He sold for $150. He would of had to make the motor turbo and mod it some more so it would run right.

Comment

If it is already running lean and he adds a turbo it would only be leaner.

Wouldn't he have to 1st solve the N/Aspirated problems with the motor, adding fuel, and then he can go boost.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

going to a Type R intake manifold on a GS-R will result is roughly those gains at the top. However, it will lose badly in the low range.

And with a BP, which doesn't have a lot of top end due to the head and cams, I wouldn't worry about it.

The stock intake manifold is still good for over 200whp... worry about other things first.
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I've seen some mention of using chopped up SOHC manifold and the GTX manifold... is there a single thread with options people have explored? Is the GTX manifold fine for 300whp+?

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
            If it is already running lean and he adds a turbo it would only be leaner.

Wouldn't he have to 1st solve the N/Aspirated problems with the motor, adding fuel, and then he can go boost.
            Oops that didn't sound right. I was alittle too happy yesterday got my 323 running again.

My friend was planning on going turbo thats way he made the intake. He was experimenting with the intake N/A since he didn't notice any gains he sold it for cheap. He blow the BP when he was racing hit the floor and cracked the oil pan last December now it's a KLZE.

Heres a picture of my friends 94' 323

best 15.0 at 90 mph BP w/ head work and welded diff.

Sorry about the dark picture
            13.6 at 100mph KLZE

Comment

damn I like the way that custom intake looks....

did he make that himself, or did he have a shop do it?

How much better does it preform?
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

He made it in welding class at the automotive technical college we use to go to.
                It was a copy sheet metal intake off a BPT MX3 that a classmate was making at the time.

Comment

does he see any big gains from it?

Comment

It's all about compromise... depends on where you want you powerband.

General rule is :

Big (in diameter) short runner = good for high rpms
                    Small (in diameter) long runner = good for low rpms

So basically that's why the BP intake had 2 set of runners, to try to have some of both worlds. Results? Better drivebility without sacrifing top -end performance. Of course the ideal intake would be continuously variable but I think only BMW has it on production cars since this year only.

So what do you want more? You probably have the best design there is for your application.

IF you had biggers cams (more lift), BIG vavles, BIG intake, Big throttle body, BIg exhaust, your powerband would be very high, so yeah in that case a new intake manifold with BIG short runners would be suitable. But probably not in your case.

An engine is a whole. Intake, valves, cams, exhaust must work together and must be well matched.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                      does he see any big gains from it?
                      No because the intake was to big. Notice the Honda fuel regulator that thing was at 60psi.
                      It just looked fast.

Comment

meh I will probably just run the stock one for a while. That thing does look cool tho.

Comment

Working...
                        X