KL-ZE swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KL-ZE swap

This is my first time posting. I don't know too much about cars. I know this subject was already discussed, but i didn't really find what i was looking for.

I have a 92 protege se and i want to do a KL-ZE swap. I want to know exactly what i need.

I read on this site that i need the subframe and suspension from an MX-3, but i want to change the suspension anyway. I want to put coil-overs. Do i still need to get the suspension from the mx-3.

Also, i found a place near my house where i can get the kl-ze and the transmission and everything for 1610$ shipping included (CDN). Is this a good price or are there better prices somewhere else.

Thank you in advance

since your from the great north, this might be an option a-spec.ca

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

Comment

GroHarlem has done a KL-ze swap in his pro....he'll also have some info if u shud need.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler
        GroHarlem has done a KL-ze swap in his pro....he'll also have some info if u shud need.
        umm. Wil ( groharlem) has not put a klze in his protege,.. he put a Kl-ze in his mx3.... this isnt the first time that you have posted false info... just try 2 make sure ur info is right before u post it

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
          umm. Wil ( groharlem) has not put a klze in his protege,.. he put a Kl-ze in his mx3.... this isnt the first time that you have posted false info... just try 2 make sure ur info is right before u post it
          wooow dude, chill.... my bad, u seem to be noticing my posts a little too much... i dont even post all that much.

and where else have i posted false info?

Comment

having had my klze for over a year now, I can say that it isn't that great of a motor.

If it was really easy, i'd put a BPT into my MX3 in a heartbeat. IMHO it has way more potential.

If you want instant throttle response & a linear (very boring) powerband, get a KLZE

If you want a ****load of power get a BPT. Very few have been able to get the KLZE into the 190whp range, and that is still with a couple of grand of work.
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

i would like to know what kind of hp gains can i expect from a combination of pacesetter headers, high-flow cat and cat-back exhaust

also, is pacesetter reliable and a good company or should i go for another company for my exhaust system

Comment

what kind of work would i have to do for the BPT. Is it an easy install or do i have to get a lot of other stuff like for the KL-ZE

Comment

Originally posted by Freak-J
                  what kind of work would i have to do for the BPT. Is it an easy install or do i have to get a lot of other stuff like for the KL-ZE
                  The BPT would be easier to do, but it would probably cost more just because it's turbo and you need more stuff.

If you want a seriously quick car, do the BPT.
                  Dan
                  dreesemonkey

Comment

Originally posted by Freak-J
                    i would like to know what kind of hp gains can i expect from a combination of pacesetter headers, high-flow cat and cat-back exhaust

also, is pacesetter reliable and a good company or should i go for another company for my exhaust system
                    you will notice gains yes over stock but it wont be a lot and yes the pacesetter is reliable and easy to do
                    sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

Comment

Working...
                    X