Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OEM upgraded Shift fork and pivot comparison.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OEM upgraded Shift fork and pivot comparison.

Here are some comparison photos and only relevant dimensions for the MSP/mazda 6 clutch fork and ball pivot.

The Forks Main difference are the larger ball indent, an addition of a hole on the shaft, and the removal of the hole where the clutch slave plunger lives.

This is a mixed feature as a captive slave plunger(the guys with the nubs) is nice as it self locates after weird events. However it is easier to keep grease retained in a solid cup.

There seems to be a small change in the fork curve as well, but this old one may be warped.

And the support ribs on the side are larger as well.

The pivot ball is the real star of this.

I've broken a pivot ball in the past on an F series which might even be the G series pivot as well.

Large pivot
    Ball Major Diameter 20mm
    Smallest shaft diameter ~11mm

OEM pivot
    Ball Major Diameter 15.5mm
    Smallest shaft diameter 8mm

Part numbers are
    KL03-16-520A Fork comes with the retention spring
    F202-16-102A Clutch Release Arm Bushing

Should be no more than $50-60 or so out the door.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kitty; 07-04-2023, 05:42 PM.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Good info! Do you know if the 4WD G Series uses the same one?

Comment

Originally posted by redheddude222 View Post
      Good info! Do you know if the 4WD G Series uses the same one?

I couldn't tell you,

Part number is different for the NA 4wd BP0216520

Its pretty cheap, you could buy both for less than $100 and check for yourself.

Just looking at the ebay photos of the BG GTX fork it looks like it may have a less aggressive bend, reducing leverage I'd guess.

Russian 4wd looks similar.

But that could be SOHC flywheel nonsense fitment.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
      X