clutch issues...need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch issues...need help

I am pretty sure my clutch is toast, but i've been driving with it for about a month using like 5% of my gas pedal. Anyway i'm pretty sure it needs to be replaced, but i can't afford to take it to a garage. Has anyone done this, and is it a huge job. I either fix it or i'm putting the pro up for sale(which would suck). Oh, btw, it is a '91 SE 1.8 sohc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you have the tools/knowledge and patience... change it yourself! I guess removing the tranny is the most dificult part.
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

I did it on my LX, I had no clue about anything on my car, I got the basic concept, my friend helped me by only telling me about it, I did all the work myself! It wasnt easy at first but now its cake!!! It took 2 days to do for me cause i had to wait for a part.

Comment

Do it yourself!

I did it on my SOHC, going to have to do it on my DOHC soon unless I find another protege I want.

I'd say the hardest part for me was dropping the engine a little bit to get to the tranny.

Comment

remove the subframe, remove the axles, put a jack under the oil pan, undo the last tranny mount, lower then engine(leaving the only motor mount still attached, undo all the tranny bolts, pull it off, undot he clutch replace and do the steps in reverse....
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.