synchros shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

synchros shot?

I think my Synch rings are shot every time i try to shift to second and sometimes forth it grinds for a short second, just replaced clutch ...anyone know where i can buy some replacements...and possably comments on instalation(if anyone has done this)?
    92 lx (sun roof batches)
    New (to me at least) bp just came in from ebay
    short throw shifta,bronzoil bushings,rx7 afm,bomz mp3 intake tubing

haha i feel you bro. I have the same problem. I got a 95 Protege and going into second gear it grinds like hell. I'm changing the transmission, the clutch and grinding the flywheel down. I hope that'll solve my problem. If thats the case it may be the same for you.
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

have you bled the clutch slave cylinder? If it's got air in it then it may not be disengaging the clutch 100% between shifts... it only takes 5 minutes to bleed so i'd do that before replacing syncros.
      '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
      '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
      '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
      '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
      '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
      '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Yes blead slave before putting in new clutch also new gear oil and resurfacing of the flywheel.....the shift still barks though
        92 lx (sun roof batches)

Comment

tried penzoil synchromesh fluid? My friends civic did the 2nd gear grind, and it wnet away with some of that stuff.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

thanx ill give it a try
            92 lx (sun roof batches)

Comment

I say if your replacing syncro's you might as well do a rebuild (check gear clearances get new syncro's and new bearings(upgraded ones if possible) might as well do it all in one shot)
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Also be aware that gear oil with sulphur will wreck the syncros (or so I've heard) since Mazda used copper alloys for them. Use something like Redline or Royal Purple.

Comment

Originally posted by John Long
                  Also be aware that gear oil with sulphur will wreck the syncros (or so I've heard) since Mazda used copper alloys for them. Use something like Redline or Royal Purple.
                  interesting. Didn't know that.
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                  X