HKS Cam Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HKS Cam Gear

Hey I am wondering, the Cam gear I have on my MX-3 B6 SOHC has the B6 code on it, but when I originally got it the guy said I could use it for the BP engine Also, is that correct or will I need to be looking for a complete set for the BP? Thanks!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

use the B6 one. get another B6 one or BP they are the same. if you want full adjustability.
    i would make an exintake cam and tune it with your one cam gear. go from there.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Ok, thats kewl, but Would the exhaust cam for the intake be good for the turbo BP I am doing? Or would it cause too much trouble? I am doing the turbo stuff and I just want to know if that won't mess something up... Thanks!

Comment

good question... im not the one to ask on that...
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

It would definitely be good for that. Just the cam and cam gear(as well as some dyno tuning of the exhintake cam and AFM) got me 8whp, and power right down to 3000RPM. I lost no low RPM power whatsoever, and peak torque went from 112lb-ft to 116lb-ft.

Comment

the cam swap isn't crazy enough to worry about it for a turbo application. It's still very mild.
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I have been talking to Mike and for like $260 He can regrind me Cams to produce somewhere about 24whp with the adjustable cams.... So that would help me a lot o my setup....

Comment

I don't see how adjustable cam gears help make more power, they would only move the power band would they not??
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
                X