overheat damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overheat damage?

what kind of damage did i potentially do to my engine in the 10 or so overheats in the last month?

it couldn't really be avoided or it would have, and thankfully i was finally able to afford a water pump so it won't be happening again.

it runs okay, but i'm sure you can't overheat an engine 10 times and expect it to be just fine.
    justin
    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

warped head/head gasket
    You could also start to burn coolant b/c of the headgasket leaking.....

I am sure there is more, this just comes to mind at the moment.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

well it's been 2 days since everything has been fixed (4 since the water pump install... but then there was the timing issue) ...
      my lifters are louder than ever the last couple days and my last oil change was 1.5k ago, so obviously there's a leak, i've spotted two, but it might be considered one... valve cover gasket and distributor.
      so far that's the only problem, but i probably wouldn't know about the head or head gasket until it goes... agh.
      justin
      installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

distributer and valve cover are really simple fixes... the distributer is the easiest
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

yeah, it would have been done when i found they were leaking, but i really have to do these things when i financially can.

it's next on the list, definitely before the next oil change...
          justin

Comment

Working...
          X