Need Assistance Badly....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Assistance Badly....

I was inside on the computer... my mom comes in and tells my my car is ticking .... so im like wtf the car hasn't been running for hours.... keys aren't in it...??? anyhow i go outside and sure enough 30ft from the car you can hear the SOB ticking...

search around and i find this as the culprit... its an underdash relay of somesorts???
    can anyone tell me what it is??

by the pins on it it says coil by 2 of them N.O by another... and Com by the last one

the outside says...
    H270
    DC12V20A
    NO
    IMASEN
    OC_19

in that order
    anyhow tho it was ticking so damn loud.... and the battery was completely dead. i could feel it ticking that bad. wtf

heres some pics.
    Attached Files
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Well its just a rely. Replace it and see if it still does it. Also do you have a better description of where it came from? pic or anything would help i.d. it.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

well i looked into my FSM and narrowed it down to 2 things.... either my TSN relay (wtf is that) or my headlight relay..... can anyone tell me what a TSN relay is
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I believe its a turn signal relay. Turn in your lights and your turn signals and see which one doesn't work, but make sure there is enough power in the batt. to run them.

Comment

All you should need to do though is replace the relay. No worries though it shouldn't be a big deal.

Comment

i can't get a picture as the internal flash is broke on my digi... not to mention the ****ty quality pictures

Comment

well first to charge the battery...
              try tommorow during the day...
              then go to JY and get a new one.

Comment

screw the j/y those a freakin cheap new!!! But if you do go to the j/y see if they have a manual steering rack. I have been looking for one

Comment

it may be cheap but i gotta know which it is first *tommorow* and secondly where would i buy one at?

oh... as for a manual rack.... i don't reccomend it honestly... i say go and get a power steering rack and seal off the entrances... get one from the mx3... supposedly it has a better lock to lock and trun ratio???
                  i'll keep a look out tho

Comment

You could get one at any parts place. Take the old one with you though to make sure it is the same one. And Ive never heard of sealing off a power rack. That just seems like it would blow up or not be able to turn. Do you know of anyone who has done this?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                      the TNS relay is for the parking lights/tail lights.... if your relay is clicking, then I doubt its a relay problem... some weird **** is shorting out (possibly the turn signal/light stalk) causing the relay to go on/off
                      ryan- i talked to my teacher today, and this about what he said, so i agree with TheMAN, i dont think its the relay.
                      1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

well the lights were accidently left on... come to find that out.... could that cause it to short out? or tick like crazy? trying to hold current flowing through?

Comment

...maybe the hazard lights left on?
                          My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                          - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

put **** back together today.... not a problem....
                            it was the headlight relay....wtf..... must have come from leaving the headlights on...
                            either way i picked up a spare relay today WOOT!!!

Comment

yeah low voltage makes things do wierd ####.
                              1992 Mazda Protege DX
                              Tropical Emerald Metallic - limited mods

Click Here to visit my CarDomain page

Comment

Working...
                              X