4WD clutch work on a 1.8 SOHC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4WD clutch work on a 1.8 SOHC?

Over on NOPI they have a clutch for the 1.8 DOHC AWD and since we live in America (or areas where DOHC AWD is not available) i'm assuming that they mean it's for the SOHC AWD. If not there is a lot cheaper alternative to clutch kits considering the AWD clutch will work. Are the input shaft spline counts the same? I'm looking for a clutch for my 1.8 SOHC tranny. Also are the 1.6 SOHC spline counts the same and will the pp work?

Thanks for the help, if they aren't the same they still offer the Centerforce SOHC clutch kit for less than $200, so that's probably what i'll end up getting.

If your running an F series transmission, no it won't work, because as you said, the input shaft size and splines are different as compared the the G series. Not only that, the Flywheel itself is different from the SOHC to DOCH. Max clutch size IIRC on a SOHC flywheel is 200mm, where as the DOHC fly can accomodate a 215mm clutch plate.
    BG Astina + GTR convertion + Microtech ECU + FMIC + 3" Exhaust x 21psi boost = 12.168sec to the power of 326whp

Here's My Worklog and My YouTube Videos

Comment

Actually, what I think it says (or should say) is 4WD, DOHC. I think you can fit the 225mm clutch disc on a DOHC flywheel.

edit: Well that wouldn't make sense with the spline count. I dunno.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Allright then i'll just get the one for the F tranny the reason why I wanted the other ones were they had more gripping force than the F tranny one, oh well.

Thanks!

Comment

Tweeks, what you can do is get a clutch builder to upgrade the clamp pressure of the pressure plate. I had a 200mm full face clutch made for the SOHC tranny with a clamp pressure of 1900lbs. I've had it for over a year now and it's never slipped. The car is putting out 123Kw at the wheels (my old laser...details at www.projectlaser.vze.com). I kept the plate full face to save the gearbox.
          BG Astina + GTR convertion + Microtech ECU + FMIC + 3" Exhaust x 21psi boost = 12.168sec to the power of 326whp

Here's My Worklog and My YouTube Videos

Comment

Thanks for the info Rob.

Comment

Working...
            X