No announcement yet.

Best Engine setup for Autox??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, is there a website for that engine?? How will they know if I replace my cat? I really need to do it because it is failing and sounds like absolute crap. Would a gutted cat be considered stock? And my exhaust is 2.25", they even measured it but didt say anything to me. And why are the rx7s vaf illegal? Good lord I hate rules!! Thanks for the info tho. I think Im still gonna get the parts and put them on my other spare engine, then when I wanna go autox'ing or something i can swap in my STS legal motor, and just drive around with the modded one.
    Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
      damn, is there a website for that engine?? How will they know if I replace my cat? I really need to do it because it is failing and sounds like absolute crap. Would a gutted cat be considered stock? And my exhaust is 2.25", they even measured it but didt say anything to me. And why are the rx7s vaf illegal? Good lord I hate rules!! Thanks for the info tho. I think Im still gonna get the parts and put them on my other spare engine, then when I wanna go autox'ing or something i can swap in my STS legal motor, and just drive around with the modded one.
      a) yes, google search on TODA racing
      b) it's upto you to place yourself in the correct class. Don't be a dick and cheat for a $3 plastic trophy
      c) do you THINK a gutted cat is stock? did it come gutted?
      d) RX-7 VAFs are illegal because they aren't legal....and hence, illegal
      e) swapping motors just to autocross is dumb....VERY dumb. Again, you're racing for a $3 trophy. Deal with losing, or build a competitive car and learn to drive.
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

why is it dumb?? Maybe I want to have my performance engine for just dailiy driving for a little more oomph and occasional 1/4 days. Im not a good driver yet and I doubt that I will be that competetive by next year, at least enough that I could use a built engine. Therefore I could learn to drive on my stock motor and when Im ready put in the performance engine Ill do that and compete with it. It wouldnt cost me anything extra because I already have the engine. I dont think thats dumb at all.
        Eat ****.

Comment

haha, I like how on that website before they show you then engines, you have to read that disclaimer. THESE ENGINES WILL NOT FIT IN YOUR STREET CAR!! only available in Japan for full race cars. That engine is BAD ****ING ASS, what are the specs on it?
          Eat ****.

Comment

why is it dumb?? Maybe I want to have my performance engine for just dailiy driving for a little more oomph and occasional 1/4 days. Im not a good driver yet and I doubt that I will be that competetive by next year, at least enough that I could use a built engine. Therefore I could learn to drive on my stock motor and when Im ready put in the performance engine Ill do that and compete with it. It wouldnt cost me anything extra because I already have the engine. I dont think thats dumb at all.
            a) you're going to spend 6 hours on labor on a car for 4 mins of seat time., for a plastic trophy.

b) it would be ridiculously hard to get the car setup so that it was still legal with the "wussy" motor. Things like brackets, motor mounts, the ECU....would all have to be changed per event.1

My point, go play in street mod if you want to do a cool motor.
            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

ha, ill bet I can swap my engine in less than 4 hours!

Yeah once im a good driver, imma get a better car and then go play in street mod, Maybe by then my rx7 will be done!!
              Eat ****.

Comment

ha, ill bet I can swap my engine in less than 4 hours!

Yeah once im a good driver, imma get a better car and then go play in street mod, Maybe by then my rx7 will be done!!
                Which is in Street Mod 2, not street mod

I like stock classes. More competition. I like competition.
                -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

funny thing in certian types of racing bro, ALOT of major racing organizations and events are based around driver capability. i mean, look at nascar, the most televised, watched racing event in america! the cars are tuned and aerodynamically the SAME, so the winner of the race doesn't necessarily have the 'fastest' car, maybe had better lap times, qualifiying position, or ideally, was the better and smarter driver. i mean, there is tons of things that make nascar the type of racing it is. i mean, i can watch a full 500 race without changing the channel and actually stay interested. i don't know, depends on what you're looking for. the class has restrictions so some jackass in a beastly machine doesn't rip the track up in no time. and i know nothing about SCCA racing as i haven't entered anything yet, but good luck.
                  peace
                  Last edited by Guest; 10-07-2003, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                    I'm amazed... you don't pass out from watching cars run in circles 500 times?
                    They don't do 500 laps, they do 500 miles on a track of 2.5 miles, so 200 laps. (Talladega as an example)

Yes, i like Nascar.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by demoninvictus
                      funny thing in certian types of racing bro, ALOT of major racing organizations and events are based around driver capability. i mean, look at nascar, the most televised, watched racing event in america! the cars are tuned and aerodynamically the SAME, so the winner of the race doesn't necessarily have the 'fastest' car, maybe had better lap times, qualifiying position, or ideally, was the better and smarter driver. i mean, there is tons of things that make nascar the type of racing it is. i mean, i can watch a full 500 race without changing the channel and actually stay interested. i don't know, depends on what you're looking for. the class has restrictions so some jackass in a beastly machine doesn't rip the track up in no time. and i know nothing about SCCA racing as i haven't entered anything yet, but good luck.
                      peace
                      You don't understand NASCAR or any other form of "spec" motorsport then. While Jeff Gordon and the other guys who win a regular basis are surely the fastest drivers, the setup, knowledge, and "cutting edge" technology that goes into NASCAR cars is freaking phenominal.

Their motors actually run positive manifold pressure, without a turbo or supercharger.
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                        They don't do 500 laps, they do 500 miles on a track of 2.5 miles, so 200 laps. (Talladega as an example)

Yes, i like Nascar.
                        Bristol?
                        -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                          You don't understand NASCAR or any other form of "spec" motorsport then. While Jeff Gordon and the other guys who win a regular basis are surely the fastest drivers, the setup, knowledge, and "cutting edge" technology that goes into NASCAR cars is freaking phenominal.

Their motors actually run positive manifold pressure, without a turbo or supercharger.
                          And yet a lot of people still think NASCAR is ****ty and old tech for some reason...

Oh well, I still am not that entertained by it
                          Probably a lot more fun if you're actually in the bleachers though!
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                            Bristol?
                            Your right, Bristol is the only place they call it a 500 race, but thats laps. As it's only 0.533 miles, 266.5 miles total for 500 laps.

Now if you can't stay entertained during a Bristol race, then your in a ****ing comma....

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer

Now if you can't stay entertained during a Bristol race, then your in a ****ing comma....
                              Or have better things to do with your time.
                              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I can watch the beginning and end of nascar races, and pit stops. But from like the 20th to the 180th lap, umm no that **** is hella boring. I dont really like the events that much, you pay like x amount of money for a good seat, then the cars go rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooo ooooommmmmmmmmmm past you, and you can hardly even see em. Pit stops and the end of the race are the only interesting parts to me. Now put me in front of some SCCA or rally races, or even F1 and Ill sit there for hours!!
                                Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X