Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I DID torque things TO SPEC... jesus.

Don't need to bite my ass.

Anyway, thank you for telling me not to put any RTV on the hoses. I won't do it then.

Please though... don't automatically assume that I live and die by RTV, or that I don't know anything about what I'm doing... I try to know what I'm doing, and I'm sure you were at one point like me. We all make mistakes. We DON'T all take a $!@#ing flamethrower to eachother whenever we make them though. If you were in my position, you'd probably think of hundreds of ****ty ass ideas too that someone else would flame YOUR ass for.

At this point, I just want my car to work. If you wanna help out... stop being an asshole and tell me things POLITELY that could SOLVE my problem rather than flame my ass off for trying to get my car to work.

So... if you don't mind telling me politely, what do you think could possibly be my problem given my symptoms, and what do you think I could do to fix that problem? That's all I ask.
    Ask me about engine management!

Comment

Originally posted by matt_fulghum
      So... if you don't mind telling me politely, what do you think could possibly be my problem given my symptoms, and what do you think I could do to fix that problem? That's all I ask.
      Thinking about that hissing noise you hear... There is an extra connection point on the intake manifold for a tube that should have a little rubber cap on it. I had to pull the one off my B6 manifold and put it on the BP manifold. It is on the passenger side.

Also on the passenger side is the VICS control valve and the PRCV valve and both of them have vacuum lines running from the manifold. Make sure you didn't crack anything there. The little air stem on my PRCV was cracked and I used a bunch of JB weld (2 part epoxy) to fix it up on mine. I cracked it because that is the natural place to reach down and work on the alternator.

Find that hiss! These cars don't normally hiss.

Comment

yeah, the cruise control port? I capped that already... if it would help you guys I could take pictures of this stuff, but I'm not sure what you'd see in it... I have a feeling it's probably something invisible and hard to reach..... because the world likes to SPITE me

I'm pretty sure the solenoids are fine. I cracked one of the old solenoid's vacuum barbs (or whatever you wanna call em) so I pulled the new ones off of that donor car at the J/Y. I'm worried that because it was so damn cold when I installed the vacuum hoses, they may have stretched out a little too much when it warmed up a little... but I dunno. After school tomorrow I'm gonna pick up that TB gasket (didn't manage to get it today.... damn) and plug on the vacuum gauge on that cruise control port to see what it reads. In the meantime I'm gonna install my new cap and rotor and PCV valve... not really thinking any of those have really anything to do with it, but it's relatively inexpensive preventative maintenance.
        Last edited by matt_fulghum; 03-03-2005, 07:31 PM.

Comment

w00t! I think I'm getting somewhere....

I replaced a couple vaccum hoses with new ones and put a stronger clamp on the PCV valve hose, replaced the rotor and cap on the disty, and made sure it was aligned correctly with cylinder 1's point at TDC, and it helped a bunch! the timing was retarded by about a degree or so.

Now, it doesn't die, or at least, not nearly as quickly, I didn't let it run long enough to see... I'm gonna install my new motor mount member bushings tomorrow morning, put the wheels back on, and set it back onto the ground.

I'm getting somewhere... finally!

The assholes at the stealership lost my TB gasket order, but they overnighted a new one, so I'll pick that up tomorrow and install it... hoping that makes a difference.

Thanks for all your help.... I'm really hoping that my BP swap woes are coming to a close.

Comment

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure he's EVER said anything nicely. It's his job to make everyone in the club look stupid...............

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
              Now that you mention it, I'm not sure he's EVER said anything nicely. It's his job to make everyone in the club look stupid...............
              i second that...
              Mods: BP engine,exhintake cam w/ obx cam gears, exhaust (2.25" piping, cherry bomb resonator, magnaflow muffler), intake (mx-3 sohc CAI), Pacesetter 4-2-1 header, RX7 maf, MSD blaster coil 2, NGK iridiums, NGK wires, custom ground wire kit, Milano spoke 15" rims, black altezza tails

need to install: e-spec headlights, clear turn signal housing, pacesetter adjustable short show shifter, sprint springs

BP Powered Mx-3=

Honda (not disrespecting lscrx)

Comment

funny... I was JUST telling my friends that I bet all of his 1,611 posts are flames

AAAAAAaaanyway... I just realized that when I said the car ran, that was without pin TEN grounded. Supposedly this would allow the ECU to correct for whatever problems might be there? I imagine, seeing as how I could do it before, it's probably important for the engine to be able to run with TEN grounded.... it might actually run fine, but I haven't tested it yet... I'll try in the morning.

Comment

funny... I was JUST telling my friends that I bet all of his 1,611 posts are flames.
                  I just ignore the flames. The Man posts lots of good information. With everyone on a forum you have to pick up the important stuff and ignore the rest.

AAAAAAaaanyway... I just realized that when I said the car ran, that was without pin TEN grounded. Supposedly this would allow the ECU to correct for whatever problems might be there? I imagine, seeing as how I could do it before, it's probably important for the engine to be able to run with TEN grounded.... it might actually run fine, but I haven't tested it yet... I'll try in the morning.
                  I'm not sure you can start the car with TEN grounded. Usually I start the car, and then when it is running I attach the jumper. The only time I jumper it with the engine off is to read the blink codes.

Comment

well I know that my car used to run fine with pin ten grounded... although that was most likely because it was warmed up.... anyway... I got my new motor mount member bushings installed today, so I'll get the wheels on the car tomorrow and see if I can't take it for a swing around the block.... I'm REALLY hoping my troubles are over!

Comment

updates? Is she running?

congrats on teh swap dood.
                      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

nope.... troubles not over

I started a new post.... it's gotta be a vacuum leak... but I just replaced the vacuum lines, and still nothin.... which means I probably have to take the intake manifold off and everything.... groan.

Check my new topic.

Comment

Working...
                        X