88-91 civic intake to fit my 93 egt?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88-91 civic intake to fit my 93 egt?!

After doing some searching on this forum it seems i want a eghey 88-91 civic intake. But when checking out ebay i see one piece ones, two piece (i assume for down to bumper), etc. Soo uhh which one do i want? I refuse to pay $70 to pepboys for APC crap...
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

I have one.
    I had to cut it a bit, but i have moved my battery to the trunk. I don't think it will fit without doing that.

Do you have a one of those cone fliter adapter thingers.

That did more for me than the Civic intake.
    Last edited by photoeye0; 05-14-2005, 01:56 PM.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by photoeye0
      I have one.
      I had to cut it a bit, but i have moved my battery to the trunk. I don't think it will fit without doing that.

Do you have a one of those cone fliter adapter thingers.

That did more for me than the Civic intake.
      Hmm battery move u say... that doesn't sound like fun at this very moment. Yes i have a adapter thingy from the current 90-98 protege intake i got off of ebay but it seems to make my car run weaker then with the stock intake with resonates removed so i'm wondering if the filter that it comes with it really crappy versus the usual pretty crappy ones u get with the cheap kits!
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

If the cone filter made it run "weaker" than a civic intake wouldn't work out for you.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
        98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by photoeye0
          If the cone filter made it run "weaker" than a civic intake wouldn't work out for you.

Honestly i think the filter that i received in the package sucks period because i put back my stock purolator one (came with the car) along with the stock airbox menus the front/bottom resonators and the noise is back as well as the torque so something is defintly up with that filter... I'm thinking i'm gonna just keep my now cut up lower airbox and get a K&N drop in as its n/a anyways so a cone filter isn't worth the hassle at this point!

PS: Also gonna get a rx7 VAF whenever i find one to my liking!

Comment

Losing some of the bottom end torque is what happens when you take out the resonator box and put on a cone filter, trust me there's nothing wrong with your filter. You just changed some of the dynamics of your RPM's now, some of that torque you lost on the bottom you'll get back in the higher RPM's.

93' 5spd DX
            R.I.P

Comment

i don't think the rx7 vaf does you much good if you are otherwise stock...
              sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
              92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
                Losing some of the bottom end torque is what happens when you take out the resonator box and put on a cone filter, trust me there's nothing wrong with your filter. You just changed some of the dynamics of your RPM's now, some of that torque you lost on the bottom you'll get back in the higher RPM's.
                I didn't take out the square resonator (i remember reading not to take it out at ALL!) on the intake pipe but the ones that went to the airbox is what i took out!

Comment

Working...
                X